Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?

Article about: Hello, folks! I was just thinking to myself that I've seen tons of American, Japanese, and of course German WWII vintage flags on the market... I'd like to add a nice Soviet WWII vintage fla

?

Default Re: Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?

This is a navy Jack, used in all 1rst Rank ships and naval fortresses
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?
    P
    Many

Thanks! Is it possible to tell if it is of WW2 era or post war?

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    Thanks! Is it possible to tell if it is of WW2 era or post war?
    Unless the flag has a design specific to an era in Soviet history, or has maker marks or date stamps... There is no real way to tell when the flag was made. You could always try the black light test...

?

Any of the Soviet flags made, war time or 80's, are the same in methoics and materials itself, just from the 50's the rope on the flag changed to the synthetic. The flag as shown on the picture, it' s practically impossible to date it, normally the date marked on the rope reinforcement on the side of the flag
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

As a Russian collector here in Moscow told me. "You will never find one" I am looking for the 2nd year for a WW2 USSR flag. He basically said the flags were a serious matter here and not just handed over to any random soldier. Many of the war time flags should be in museums and on the garrisons. They were treated like "icons" he said. This is the short explanation. I will guess that the ones that could be sold was sold back in the 90's.

Regards, Lars

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Naval, and I believe it is usually flown on the bow of the vessel.
    and I believe only when the vessel was in port, OR on a land based naval instillation?
    The while background with blue under stripe is the other use (when underway?)?
    who knows this information?

?

I just found this old thread about WWII period Soviet flags. I can show You 2 which I found many years ago from a farmhouse in Estonia near a place where Red Army had it's base and warehouses before the war and at the beginning of the war. They left from the base in July / August 1941 when the German army reached the area. Both flags are in very good / mint condition but from the strings and knots in 2 of the corners You can tell that these are actually seen some "action". The first one measures 154 x 75 cm and the flag is a three piece construction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?   Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?  

Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?   Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?  

?

And here is the second one - it is a two piece construction and measurements are 158 x 79 cm.
    Just like the other it is in very good / mint condition but has probably also had a chance to happily wave to the approaching Wehrmacht soldiers in July / August 1941.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?   Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?  

Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?   Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?  

?

Uscha, why are you so sure the flags were WWII period flags?

?

Quote by McSeam View Post
    Uscha, why are you so sure the flags were WWII period flags?
    Because I found these with the other pre war dated items which all came from the same army base. 1940. dated mint Ushanka caps, Gymnasterka, gas masks, mint messkit, mint boots etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast