Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?

Article about: Hello, folks! I was just thinking to myself that I've seen tons of American, Japanese, and of course German WWII vintage flags on the market... I'd like to add a nice Soviet WWII vintage fla

?

Quote by uscha View Post
    Because I found these with the other pre war dated items which all came from the same army base. 1940. dated mint Ushanka caps, Gymnasterka, gas masks, mint messkit, mint boots etc.
    When did you find it? I mean the year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by McSeam View Post
    When did you find it? I mean the year.
    In May 2010.

?

Quote by uscha View Post
    In May 2010.
    So this means that 70 years nobody knew about these things. To find such pre-war clothes and footgear and besides in mint condition - it's just incredible. To say that you are lucky is to say nothing. It's very interesting and if you can share some photos with the other parts of this treasure - it would be wonderful!
    Concerning the simple flags - it's very difficult to date such things. You can be sure they are pre-war only if you found them by yourself and, as you said, among other pre-war things.

?

So this means that 70 years nobody knew about these things. To find such pre-war clothes and footgear and besides in mint condition - it's just incredible. To say that you are lucky is to say nothing. It's very interesting and if you can share some photos with the other parts of this treasure - it would be wonderful!
    Concerning the simple flags - it's very difficult to date such things. You can be sure they are pre-war only if you found them by yourself and, as you said, among other pre-war things.
    I've shown some of the items in the forum about a month ago. I will copy the links here:

Mint 1940. dated Gymnasterka ...

Worn condition, pre war Gymnasterka ...

Mint 1940. dated Ushanka caps ...

Here's mine. From what I understand, this is a 'Stalin-era' pre-1953 flag. The same pattern as those used during the war, but most likely not a wartime example. Has a sleeve on one end for attachment to a flagpole.

Regards, B.B.

?

Quote by uscha View Post
    I've shown some of the items in the forum about a month ago. I will copy the links here:

Mint 1940. dated Gymnasterka ...

Worn condition, pre war Gymnasterka ...

Mint 1940. dated Ushanka caps ...

I can just add that the other incredible thing was that the farmer kept these things so carefully but didn't use them by himself inspite of very poor years just after the war.

?

I can just add that the other incredible thing was that the farmer kept these things so carefully but didn't use them by himself inspite of very poor years just after the war.
    Yes it was indeed an incredible household. Also found about 80 mint pairs of socks & gloves from there (ex Estonian army clothing which were taken over by the Red army), about 4 or 5 Red Fleet army shirts, 2 mint shovels (Imperial Russian manufactured > used by the Estonian army > taken over by the Red army in 1940), Red army cold weather helmet liners, pre war Red army ammo crates etc.
    There were also mint condition Imperial Russian backpack, WW1 period belt and harness and a lot more.

Will add few more pictures from the find:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?   Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?  

Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?   Availability of WWII Soviet flags on the collector's market?  

?

Quote by uscha View Post
    Yes it was indeed an incredible household. Also found about 80 mint pairs of socks & gloves from there (ex Estonian army clothing which were taken over by the Red army), about 4 or 5 Red Fleet army shirts, 2 mint shovels (Imperial Russian manufactured > used by the Estonian army > taken over by the Red army in 1940), Red army cold weather helmet liners, pre war Red army ammo crates etc.
    There were also mint condition Imperial Russian backpack, WW1 period belt and harness and a lot more.

Will add few more pictures from the find:
    Why did they keep so many clothes all these years, but didn't use it?
    Did they tell you?

?

Why did they keep so many clothes all these years, but didn't use it?
    Did they tell you?
    It was because they just had a chance to take that stuff and took because they thought that perhaps they will find a use for some of it in the future.

?

Quote by uscha View Post
    It was because they just had a chance to take that stuff and took because they thought that perhaps they will find a use for some of it in the future.
    And the future came in 70 years... These Estonian farmers are pretty patient.
    Actually, the future could not to come at all for them if Germans found these flags in 41-44. I wonder why they decided to hide and keep flags, it was deathly dangerous.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3