Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Branch Insignia

Article about: Per RichieC's post with the scan from "The Red Book", notice that the crossed rifles and target insignia is abscent from the branch of service devices. I have understood, possibly

Default Branch Insignia

I am looking for a list, with pictures of all authorized branch insignia for the Red Army, for the period of the 1930s through the GPW.

Thank you

Boridin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Branch Insignia
    P
    Many

Default Re: Branch Insignia

It is all contained in the book that I referred you to in the thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/insig...k-stars-11003/
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    It is all contained in the book that I referred you to in the thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/insig...k-stars-11003/
    What is the title, and date of printing for "The Book"?

You referenced a periodical "Soviet Times", but there are several hundred issues, so if it is from this periodical, I would need either the issue number, or the year, and month of printing.

Boridin

Post number two in that thread. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/insig...k-stars-11003/

I scanned an image of the front cover for you.

"Soviet times" is 1917-1991...

RhichieC;

I looked for a copy of that book.

That is an immensely expensive book. I didn't pay that much for most of the weapons in my collection.

Is it really worth $500.00 USD?

Boridin

That certainly does seem a bit inflated. I purchased my copy about eight years ago for $175.00 - and back then I thought THAT was too much.

However, it is an INVALUABLE English language reference, and IS out of print.

Every now and then they appear on eBay and Amazon. I search regularly for reference material, so I'll contact you if I see one.

I'd be more than happy to scan and email you a few pages, but I need some time to get to it.

Borodin,

In any case, I had a few moments to spare this evening, so I hope this will assist you in your mission.

BTW, It would be most appropriate to address you by your actual first name, as Ade and I prefer on our forum...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Branch Insignia   Branch Insignia  

Smile Re: Branch Insignia

Hi Ritchie,
    I picked up the following book for $20 approx recently- it is a 1968 edition of the British book published by the War Office in October 1944 under the direction of the Chief of theImperial General Staff and was circulated at the time under restricted issue to senior army and cabinet staff, if you need to look for a copy on the internet, try looking for the publisher Arms and Armour Press - my edition is first copy so I don't know if there were subsequent reprints.
    Attached Images Attached Images Branch Insignia  Branch Insignia 

I think it is more important to put together a comprehensive reference library before you start collecting.

Bob Hritz

There is volume in this series dealing with Soviet small arms as well. Also worth picking up if you see it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast