Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Genuine or not?

Article about: I know its probably hard from the pictures, but im thinking of buying this and its supposidly dated 1942 anyone have any idea if it looks genuine? Many thanks Jim

?

Question Genuine or not?

I know its probably hard from the pictures, but im thinking of buying this and its supposidly dated 1942

anyone have any idea if it looks genuine?

Many thanks

Jim

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine or not?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Genuine or not?

I've got my eye on this as well, the seller has a interesting story to go with it, don't you think?
    Thanks, Glen.

?

it does sound nice, however its quite easy to make up stuff like that , shame to be bidding against someone else on the forum lol!

Yeah i know you have to buy the item and not the story Anyway i normally just buy TR stuff but now im starting to get a mixture of WW1/WW2 items which catch my eye
    Thanks, Glen.

?

it does look nice , would look spot on above my PPSH,SVT, and M44

I would be interested in seeing an image of the alledged "1942" date marking - and of course the provenance....
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

It is my understanding that most (perhaps not all) Soviet flags of that time period had the hammer/sickle embroidered onto a patch of fabric, which was then sewn onto the larger flag, or banner. This was done because the embroidery looms that they had were not large enough to handle the entire flag/banner body and ensure that the emblem was in the correct location, and correctly positioned in relation to the flag/banner shape.

Hand made flags would be different, as they were hand embroidered.

Boridin

It may be genuine but unfortunately this is the post-1955 version. If there is '1942' on it somewhere, then it was a recent addition.

?

WW2 period Soviet flags is hard to find, even in Russia. I have tried to find one for ObKrieger for a few monts now here in Russia. Lots of army division flags and so on, but a plain old Soviet flag, no. If you come across a real WW2 Soviet flag it will most likely be expensive. One of the divison flags i was offered costs 3600 Euro...

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    It may be genuine but unfortunately this is the post-1955 version. If there is '1942' on it somewhere, then it was a recent addition.
    What is the difference between pre and post 1955 variations?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast