Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help with determing if this flag is a Vehicle Panel Marker

Article about: I just received a really nice grouping from a veteran including with all of the soldiers documents which I believe he was in some sort of a driver position hence the flag, I believe it is a

Unfortunatley the Soldbuch Or Weherpass is missing,I can show you a few more documents that was with the group,maybe these will have a clue?
    Thank you for your help,I have moved into collecting an researching papers do please forgive me for my ignorance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with determing if this flag is a Vehicle Panel Marker   Help with determing if this flag is a Vehicle Panel Marker  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with determing if this flag is a Vehicle Panel Marker
    P
    Many

Although this may not be of help, here is a photograph of a KIA entry in one of my Wehrpasses. The entry describes when and where the soldier was killed, and the injury that caused his death. In this case the soldier was killed by a shrapnel hit to the spinal cord. The word you are looking for in these entries is 'gefallen,' meaning 'killed in action' (seen in this case at the end of the first paragraph). Documents are sometimes marked by a red line or - as said in my previous post - a red cross on the cover, but this isn't always the case.

Don't worry about your ignorance! Everyone starts off knowing nothing. You have to be a beginner before you can be an expert. Knowledge comes with time.

Regards, B.B.

These were the latest dates added to his papers,looks like he made it atleast until 1944, this was the only thing that I found that had any red lines near it didn't CNE crosses other than I do have his father's death certificate his first father was killed in 1914 during World War II and then his mother remarried again and lost that husband in 1916 and World War II pretty amazing that I have their death certificates at some point during the war he had to prove that he was who he was or of non Jewish descent one of the letters that I have that I was able to translate that's what it had indicated.... Sorry for the pictures being the wrong orientation having trouble getting them straight
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with determing if this flag is a Vehicle Panel Marker   Help with determing if this flag is a Vehicle Panel Marker  

Great looking ID flag.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2