Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

My latest Purchase

Article about: Bought this on ebay, Was listed as it probably being one that came with a newspaper, you can faintly see some newspaper print which has rubbed onto the poster, nevertheless , I saw it and lo

?

Default My latest Purchase

Bought this on ebay,

Was listed as it probably being one that came with a newspaper, you can faintly see some newspaper print which has rubbed onto the poster,

nevertheless , I saw it and loved it. managed to get it for a great price and now have it framed on the wall, Will be hanging my PPSH 41 below it in the new house (when we move)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My latest Purchase
    P
    Many

Default Re: My latest Purchase

That's a nice rally poster! From this view it looks legit. Can you post a close up picture of the bombers in the background? I wonder if this is from 1943-44 time frame. In early posters, when Russia was in serious trouble, the posters were dead serious. This soldier is swirling his hat in victory. I like it. Good find, and nice addition to your collection. Also, can you post the bottom right of the poster so we may see the maker or possibly artist?

?

This is one of a number of different Reproduction posters and prints that were free with a publication that consisted of reprints of English newspapers covering events of that time.
    I too was fooled years ago.

Pete

You are correct: it came with "The War Papers" in the 1970's. I have the full set of these and the posters. They have real age to them now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I didnt think it was a war dated one due to the paper etc, I just liked it and for the money im well happy with it

Do you have any you want rid of ade???

No sorry, I want to keep them all having got the full set.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

They are still attractive display pieces. Less fragile too!

Quote by Gouldy View Post
    Bought this on ebay,

Was listed as it probably being one that came with a newspaper, you can faintly see some newspaper print which has rubbed onto the poster,

nevertheless , I saw it and loved it. managed to get it for a great price and now have it framed on the wall, Will be hanging my PPSH 41 below it in the new house (when we move)

roughly
    "Red Army brings freedom from fascists"