Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Offered this Soviet Flag

Article about: Hi guys could use a hand is this is a WWII soviet flag. I have been offered it and have it in hand if anybody needs better photos. I cant find any marks on it . its very dirty and the bottum

Default Re: Offered this Soviet Flag

Interesting flag. Has the flag on one or both sides a hammer, sickle and star depicted?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Offered this Soviet Flag
    P
    Many

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    Interesting flag. Has the flag on one or both sides a hammer, sickle and star depicted?
    The hammer, sickle and star are on both sides.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    The hammer, sickle and star are on both sides.
    My question is mean to the owner of the flag, RH1941. Can he post a picture from the other side of the flag.

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    My question is mean to the owner of the flag, RH1941. Can he post a picture from the other side of the flag.
    I am now in possession of this flag.

Offered this Soviet FlagOffered this Soviet Flag

According to Igor at collectrussia:

Hi Joe,

This is a Soviet merchant fleet flag which could be flown by any non-naval vessel (freighter,research, etc). It appears to be of WW2 period or even earlier, a very uncommon and interesting piece.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
    Igor

Thanks for showing pictures of both sides of the flag. I am agree with the answers of Lars and Igor (Collectrussia). Soviet WWII flags are difficult to find and when you find one how to recognise it as a WWII dated flag.

This topic reminds me of my small Soviet flag. I bought it a few years ago together with a portrait of Stalin. Both items came from the same person who found them together in the Czech republic.
    The portrait of Stalin is dated 1945 and was printed in the last days of the war in a famous printing office for art in Prague. It was printed as promotion material for the Czech communists.
    The identification of the small Soviet flag was more difficult because it has no label or a stamp. Because of its size it could be used as an identification flag on a vehicle of a Soviet officer or a diplomat.
    A collector from Russia wrote me that my small Soviet flag could be also Czech made because the hammer, sickle and star are depicted on both sides, like your flag. According to his opinion the Soviet flag was officially just on one side with a hammer and sickle depicted and not on both sides. Soviet flags were not only made in the Soviet Union but also in the other former East bloc countries. Sometimes commissioned by the occupying Soviet army. Therefore, there is a large variation in Soviet flags. I have seen examples of Soviet WWII flags with a sewed on or a printed on hammer and sickle. Therefore, I still do not know when and by whom my small Soviet flag was created. Actually this is true for your flag.

In the 1980's I visited Russia. During my visit I bought a flag of the Russian Soviet Republic. It is an official made flag and it has the hammer and sickle printed on just one side. I do not claim that double printed official Soviet flags does not exist.

I have an stitched double sided Soviet post war flag. I can post, if anyone is interested.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4