MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shoulderboards

Article about: Thanks guys for the educational info.

?

Default Shoulderboards

Hi Guys.
    Finally I have a chance to get myself some shoulderboards. Can someone please tell are they wartime or postwar? And what rank are they?

Regards
    k.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shoulderboards   Shoulderboards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Shoulderboards
    P
    Many

Default Re: Shoulderboards

Hi Kass, the rank part is easy: they are for a Senior Sgt or Starshiy Serzhant.

To me they look 1940's or even 1950's. It is hard for me to say for sure? I am certain Dimas will be able to tell you better than me as he has handled many more of these than I have.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade.
    I sure hope they are period. If it is even possible to recognize and date these from those photos.

k.

Hi THere ,
    I think they are postwar 40s or 50s as the backing is neat around the edge .All the wartime ones ive seen are raw edged on the backs leading to a slight fraying . Maybe since they are parade type they are from 43 but better finished ? Hard to be sure

Heres some examples of pogoni . Medical Captain Artillery ORs field and a parade Ors Infantry in Magenta . The tongues are usually very roughly cut on Wartime examples .THe quotas must have been huge and maybe less skilled than Postwar ! ?
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shoulderboards   Shoulderboards  

Heres some Parade Lend lease silk types ,Infantry Leitenant Colonel and NKVD bottle shaped starshiy leitenant , the last pair are a field infantry captain set found in an attic .The piping is totally eaten away , but the stars are original to the boards and the backing tongues are in a rexine canvas type material . Its fair to say postwar Pogoni are much more standardised . This goes for all RKKA uniform items i reckon !

Shoulderboards  

While we are at it, I am personally about 50/50 on the buttons being post war as well, even if they are not dated on the back. I am having a heck of a time locating a wartime photo showing the use of these domed, rimless shoulder board buttons. Anyone else have an opinion.

?

The backing type and it's pattern is for the end of 40's- beginning 50's.
    Michael - non rimed types are seen on the wartime straps and uniforms, but the star is in other shape
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The backing type and it's pattern is for the end of 40's- beginning 50's. Michael - non rimed types are seen on the wartime straps and uniforms, but the star is in other shape
    OK, I was sort of believing that was possible already as there seems to be two basic types of these rimless buttons. One with nicely done stars with delicate detail and then others with a heavier done star and details. Got a picture of a rimless button in wear?

Thanks

?

I think I have some, but need time to find
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast