MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Show your Soviet flag collection!

Article about: Like Keir said. Very interesting. The hammer and sickle pattern is post 1955. But the star is filled in.

Default Re: Show your Soviet flag collection!

Quote by Koldun View Post
    Hi!

Thanks, I think also that they are awesome!
    I just bought them

Koldun
    Ok. I specialy love the desing in the first one. I saw a cavarly budenovka in one of pictures you posted. Could you post more pictures of that ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your Soviet flag collection!
    P
    Many

Ok. Thanks !

popcornjake
    ?

I think I have the same flag as Comrade in the second picture, which is seemingly a "cheap repro". I bought it from a seller who claimed in was legitimate, though upon arrival I noticed that the Hammer & Sickle and the star were not of the correct proportions. Furthermore, the symbols are printed onto the red fabric in the same way that images are pressed onto T-shirts (the name of the technique forgives me), they are not woven into the fabric.

That is what the tag looks like. I was incredibly discouraged upon seeing the english on the tag, though considering it is apparently for "1 May" I thought it might have been made for export to provide for left-wing groups overseas in May Day events.

So is this a tacky reproduction or a proper Soviet flag?

Seems like i have the same tag. I think it is a repro.

?

Here you are then- from my classroom back in Peking:

I mostly collect British ensigns though: Flags of Empire

?

and the latest incarnation here in Germany:
    [IMG]and the latest incarnation here in Germany: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6870363_n.jpg[/IMG]

WOW! That's a massive collection. Do you have there original 1923-1955 pattern soviet flag?

?

I used to; one of the few advantages to living in China. I'm impressed someone has noticed the difference as it's quite slight, but I prefer the pre-1955 version. It's much more compact so I don't know what led to the change of a symbol good enough for Lenin and Stalin et al.

Hi
    i thought i would show you my soviet flag, it has a wooden toggle at one end and a length of rope at the other it measures about 30" wide and about 70" long it does have ink markings on the white band at the top of the flag but the are unreadable. I dont know what era this is from, i was told its ww2 but i dont think so, its just one of the items that i have picked up on my travels, maybe you could tell me what era its from?
    regards jamie

Show your Soviet flag collection!Show your Soviet flag collection!Show your Soviet flag collection!Show your Soviet flag collection!

?

It certainly looks old and is one of the rare ones that seems sewn rather than printed, but the design itself appears post 1955. (see pre-1955 version at File:Flag of the Soviet Union (1923-1955).svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    But then, it's curious the star is filled in, which brings to mind the one hoisted above the Reichstag May Day 1945. As well, I would have thought an old flag would have been completely red on the reverse without any markings, but then I'm hardly an expert.
    see: Ôëàãè Ðîññèè-VEXILLOGRAPHIA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast