Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Flags

Article about: Hello, Everyone! This is my first time posting here, so I'm sorry if this question has been answered ad nausium before. I'm attempting to collect an original WW2 era flag from the Soviet Uni

Geokop
    ?

Default Soviet Flags

Hello, Everyone!
    This is my first time posting here, so I'm sorry if this question has been answered ad nausium before.
    I'm attempting to collect an original WW2 era flag from the Soviet Union. This flag doesn't have to be precisely manufactured in the 1939-1945 time period, however I would like one that is totally correct for when the Soviets were at war with the Nazis during that period. (I currently have authentic Japanese, Nazi, and British flags in my collection about which I have some knowlege, and I know I can find a nice 48 star American flag with no problem.) I regret I'm totally ignorant about Soviet items of that era.
    Please tell me what I should look for in the design/layout of a correct WW2 era flag. I see some that are solid red with the hammer and sickle in the corner, and I see some that have a blue stripe along one edge. Are there any specific ways original flags were sewn together/assembled that I should look for? Thank you ahead of time for any and all information. I appreciate everything.

2. # ADS

?

All I can tell is that Soviet flags from ww2 are rare, the rarest type are the plain red flags with the hammer and sickle. Raul

There are many threads on this forum discussing Soviet flags, have a read

Original WW2 Soviet Flag?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem