Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet flags ,rare?

Article about: Hi Is it just me or does it seems like the typical hammer and sickle red flag is very rare to get hands on since it's pretty easy to get flags from every other country? Why is that so? And o

Default Soviet flags ,rare?

Hi

Is it just me or does it seems like the typical hammer and sickle red flag is very rare to get hands on since it's pretty easy to get flags from every other country?

Why is that so?

And ofcourse i mean from the war! not those after 1945

Regards, Conny
    Last edited by MetalCrue1; 10-22-2013 at 08:57 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet flags ,rare?
    P
    Many

?

It's not such a rare, I guess you can find original late 80's flag on ebay, but I guess they are becoming rare nowadays.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Ones from the time of the Great Patriotic War and before surely are rare.

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Ones from the time of the Great Patriotic War and before surely are rare.
    Correct. Those you will not find unless you're very lucky. I have a few different ones from the 60's and 80's.

Cheers

Oh thanks and sorry how stupid of me ofcourse i mean from the War, better edit my post
    How can just they be so rare?

This subject has been discussed about sometimes on the forum. Here is one thread about it, where Richie gives a valid reason for it, in my opinion: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/insig...iet-flag-3569/

I have a question regarding a large soviet flag I picked up that I will post here instead of starting a new thread for what is probably a very common question.

I came across what appears to be an authentic soviet flag dated 1987. Nothing unusual about it that I can tell but the size is very odd. It measures roughly 120cm x 400cm (47 inches x 160 inches). Can anyone tell me what the purpose of a flag of these dimensions would be? It's put away in a box at the moment and I can take out and photograph if necessary, but I thought that the dimensions would tell the story at least of it's purpose.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance.

Russ & Son

A few years ago I started a similar quest to find a Soviet WWII-era red banner. I figured that since Soviet propaganda would have you believe that every Soviet soldier was waving a red banner as they advanced into Berlin, they would a dime-a-dozen. WRONG!

I've heard that a lot of flags that survived the war ended up in museums and veteran's organizations.

Occasionally you can find foreign made flags used for friendship, victory parade, propaganda purposes, etc. but Soviet red banners from WWII really are very rarely seen for sale.

Here is a thread I made on the subject a little more than a year ago:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/insig...market-234585/

A friend of mine was lucky enough to find this flag locally. It is now part of my collection:
    Soviet flags ,rare?Soviet flags ,rare?Soviet flags ,rare?Soviet flags ,rare?Soviet flags ,rare?Soviet flags ,rare?Soviet flags ,rare?Soviet flags ,rare?Soviet flags ,rare?Soviet flags ,rare?

I've been told by a well regarded Soviet collector that it is a: "This is a Soviet merchant fleet flag which could be flown lend-lease convoy ship. It appears to be of WW2 period or even earlier, a very uncommon and interesting piece."

Waow! intresting piece! thanks for sharing...im still searching

Thanks for the kind words, Conny!

Good luck with your search! A lot of collectors I know have resorted to buying 1980s vintage red banners as placeholders in their collections.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast