Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Rank Pips? Cap Stars, LW Coin Purse/UNIQUE!!

Article about: Hi, took some pics of an interesting coin purse I just received, and my caps stars I have so far. 2 of stars are from a friend in Estonia, and also what started me looking for more of these

Default Soviet Rank Pips? Cap Stars, LW Coin Purse/UNIQUE!!

Hi, took some pics of an interesting coin purse I just received, and my caps stars I have so far. 2 of stars are from a friend in Estonia, and also what started me looking for more of these stars all the time.
    These stars are VERY tricky to collect. I feel very good about these being war time stars.

One star is quite small, and is attached to what I believe is a Luftwaffe soldats coin purse.

I am not familiar with the 2 British?? crown insignia, Or the small insignia with "RR" ?? on it.

I am also not familiar with the Soviet WW2 insignia bars, what I think are called "rank pips/bars"

What would these have signified in the Soviet Red Army?? An Officer, NCO? I see they are both slightly different shape/size.
    Do you think they came from the same officer? POW's or KIA's, or?? Where do you think the German soldat got these?

What are these other insignia, if any members know???

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Rank Pips? Cap Stars, LW Coin Purse/UNIQUE!!   Soviet Rank Pips? Cap Stars, LW Coin Purse/UNIQUE!!  

Soviet Rank Pips? Cap Stars, LW Coin Purse/UNIQUE!!   Soviet Rank Pips? Cap Stars, LW Coin Purse/UNIQUE!!  

Soviet Rank Pips? Cap Stars, LW Coin Purse/UNIQUE!!   Soviet Rank Pips? Cap Stars, LW Coin Purse/UNIQUE!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Rank Pips? Cap Stars, LW Coin Purse/UNIQUE!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soviet Rank Pips? Cap Stars, LW Coin Purse/UNIQUE!!

Hi Steve, this is a super item!

The crowns are not British. I could only guess on these.

The "RR" badge as you call it is Ukrainian. The badge is the "Trident of Vladimir". I don't know exactly what this badge is, but it will be a Nationalist item and certainly not Soviet.

The rank bars are for an Officer.

The cap star all look good to me. You cannot go wrong with any two peice construction stars.

Cheers, Ade.

Dom
    ?

Hello,
    a site of the Trident :
    Ukraine - State Arms (The Trident)
    Cheers

Quote by Dom View Post
    Hello,
    a site of the Trident :
    Ukraine - State Arms (The Trident)
    Cheers
    Hello Dom!, thanks for the link with information. Do you know if it's a military pin or medal of some sort??

Thanks, Steve

Dom
    ?

I think it is a civil Patriotic badge .

Quote by Dom View Post
    I think it is a civil Patriotic badge .
    Hello Dom, thank you for your information. The items might be from POW's or???

Do you have any idea what country the Crowns are from??

Ade said they are not British, but sure do look British. But many other countries might have used it also.

Regards, Steve

The crowns could (not saying they are though) be Danish. The Danes used a similar Crown to us Brits

Cheers, Ade.

Dom
    ?

Hello Steve,
    for crowns sorry no idea!