Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ussr Flag

Article about: Hello all , I picked up a flag made ​​in natural fiber, size 195x280 cms assembled into several parts. Star , hammer and sickle are sewn : It seems quite old unfortunately a few

Dom
    ?

Default Ussr Flag

Hello all ,

I picked up a flag made ​​in natural fiber, size 195x280 cms assembled into several parts.

Ussr Flag

Star , hammer and sickle are sewn :

Ussr FlagUssr Flag

Ussr FlagUssr Flag

Ussr FlagUssr Flag

It seems quite old unfortunately a few damages, what do you think about this ??

Thanks for your reply

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ussr Flag
    P
    Many

Should be an old one, since made of natural fiber plus star/sickle/hammer are sewn - 195...-es the latest.
    A good one.

It looks good to me too and I agree with Mehti. The flag seems to not match to official patterns and it's made up of several parts, so it seems quite old and probably made in a rush? That would give a hint to a wartime one, but of course it's impossible to verify and war era flags are rarer than hens teeth.

Dom
    ?

Thanks guy's, yes manifestly old in fact I am not sure it is a soviet manufacturing ?

Quote by Dom View Post
    Thanks guy's, yes manifestly old in fact I am not sure it is a soviet manufacturing ?
    That's always a possibility that it's not, especially as all countries have stocks of other countries flag for number of purposes. Where did you get it?

Dom
    ?

Recovered in Germany and returned by a French partisan

Quote by Dom View Post
    Recovered in Germany and returned by a French partisan
    Interesting! It could be wartime indeed. One of the first Soviet flags to be flown on top of the Reichstag was made up of tablecloths and such materials. If it was a ceremonial flag from a country's storage, then I'd believe it to be of better quality.

I have no idea as to the age of this flag as it is not my area but it really hits the "right spot" to me. It just has that feel of genuine age rather than a contrived piece. Leon.

Not too sure what to make of this flag. The colors are extremely vibrant and bright for a War-era piece and it's poorly made-look at the shapes and dimensions of the stars and the hammer/sickle. The reinforced corner and the rope hanger is reminiscent of the German style of flags such as the Kriegs flags. The accompanying story with it is, of course, just that-a "sell it" story. It may well be simply a long stored German bring back, but I would be very cautious for now on it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Could we see the flag in natural day light?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast