Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ussr Flag

Article about: Hello all , I picked up a flag made ​​in natural fiber, size 195x280 cms assembled into several parts. Star , hammer and sickle are sewn : It seems quite old unfortunately a few

Dom
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Not too sure what to make of this flag. The colors are extremely vibrant and bright for a War-era piece and it's poorly made-look at the shapes and dimensions of the stars and the hammer/sickle. The reinforced corner and the rope hanger is reminiscent of the German style of flags such as the Kriegs flags. The accompanying story with it is, of course, just that-a "sell it" story. It may well be simply a long stored German bring back, but I would be very cautious for now on it.
    My dear Wagriff,

I have no problem with the authenticity of this flag. The hammer and sickle are not always as well-proportioned as you seem to believe. If I follow your reasoning a Soviet flag can not be kept a nice color?
    Dangerous because you can condemned 90% of German flags in circulation.
    Given the ridiculous price that I bought it, completely useless to tell stories.
    In fact I agree with you on this point, I wonder if it is possible that it is made ​​in Germany.

Of course I'll do more pictures (when the sun back)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ussr Flag
    P
    Many

Thanks Dom!

Like you said, a lot of the time the hammer and sickles proportions and placement were rather crude. This can be seen in many original flags.

Dom
    ?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Thanks Dom!

Like you said, a lot of the time the hammer and sickles proportions and placement were rather crude. This can be seen in many original flags.
    A pre-war flag (for information on the left banner of Young Communist International / КИМ ; Коммунистический Интернационал Молодёжи ). dissolved by Comrade Stalin in 1943 .

Ussr Flag

Hello Dom, If this is what you got from my response, apparently I did not express myself clearly enough. You asked the Forum for opinions and I gave you mine. The insults are not needed or appreciated. Since you "have no doubts on this flags authenticity", there seems to be little point in posting it and asking for opinions.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Dom
    ?

I clarified my request Post 4

Quote by Dom View Post
    Thanks guy's, yes manifestly old in fact I am not sure it is a soviet manufacturing ?
    Needless to play the victim I did not insult anyone and if I have vexed you, I am very sorry .

Thanks, Dom...I'll try hard to not play the victim in the future. As for the flag in question, I'll clarify abit on my earlier opinion. It's methods of construction looks much more like German than Soviet. If it is original as you assert, I would opine that it is a Soviet era flag made in Germany by persons and purpose unknown. The materials look to be period, so it is anyone's guess as to why this flag was manufactured. Quite the conversation piece. Enjoy your flag.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello,

Very nice flag. Thanks for showing details Dom.

I saw it when sold on EBay along with a French, US and UK flag of the same dimensions.

Considering the size and the fact it represented the 4 winners, I am wondering if they may have beenused for a big political meeting in Germany where they originated.

What do you think?

Maybe it would have been nice to keep the 4 flag altogether

Bruno

I think also made in Germany maybe made by a old German Flag making factory that went from making German wartime flags to making Russian flag in East Germany

Dom
    ?

Yes that's right Bruno, there were 4 flags.
    I should probably buy the lot

Can be made ​​in Germany, for the exact source (major state ...)
    We will probably never know

Thanks all for your reply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2