Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

USSR Flag

Article about: I purchased this flag a number of years ago from an antiques fair.I would love to know its history.It appears to be hand stitched on both sides and has USSR and 2yd printed on the sleeve.The

teagansdad
    ?

Default USSR Flag

I purchased this flag a number of years ago from an antiques fair.I would love to know its history.It appears to be hand stitched on both sides and has USSR and 2yd printed on the sleeve.The rope seems well used and dirty.Thank you in advance for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USSR Flag   USSR Flag  

USSR Flag  

2. # ADS

Most likely British made.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Typo

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Most likely British made.

Cheers, Ade.
    Yep, looks British from the construction and material, plu the 2YD means two yards ie 72 inches or six feet which is the length of the flag and is how flag sizes are nominated in English speaking countries.

Also, if it was Russian it would not use the letters USSR but CCCP

Most likely this is a "courtesy flag" used by an organisation receiving foreign dignitaries (to be flown beside the host nation flag during a visit) or on a ship/boat visiting a foreign port (flown above the vessels own national flag when in the host port).

It's a nice flag to have as dressing for a collection but without other markings to the contrary I don't think it is military. As I said, it certainly isn't Russian.

I hope this helps.

Mark

PS. Welcome to the forum, there is so much knowledge on tap here, you will become addicted!
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

teagansdad
    ?

Thank you very much for your answers.Much appreciated.