Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WWII Shoulder Board Collection

Article about: by Bob Hritz I just paid a lot for the marshall's pair. I will post better photos of them. Bob Hritz You seems like very sensitive guy. Do you really like to hear the truth about that pair?

?

Default Re: WWII Shoulder Board Collection

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    I just paid a lot for the marshall's pair. I will post better photos of them.
    Bob Hritz
    You seems like very sensitive guy. Do you really like to hear the truth about that pair?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Shoulder Board Collection
    P
    Many

Quote by vvadim View Post
    You seems like very sensitive guy. Do you really like to hear the truth about that pair?

I am very new to collecting Soviet material so I am always interested in learning. Fire away.

Bob Hritz

?

I am always interested in learning. Fire away.
    Bob Hritz
    Please look how golden lace attached to the pad. On the left shoulder board in your picture, on the first attempt when they’ve tried to put it together they realized that it’s not enough lace left to secure it on other side. Second attempt was not much of a successes either. Holes from those attempts are clearly visible in the upper right corner, but I’ve underscored them in red just in case you don’t see them. They move lace down as far as they can and rays of the star almost bent over the corner. They still had trouble with the stitching around the curves at the top, look how many attempts they had and what awful job they did at the end. But straight line also seems too challenging for them. I’ve enlarged fragment and placed normal stitching for you to compare. It’s no point to discuss further. What a craftsmanship on the embroidery of the soviet union seal and big star. Frankly it’s ugliest replica I’ve seen in my life.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Shoulder Board Collection  

I've got alot to learn about these, thank you very much for showing.

Jay

Hello Vadim,

Thank you for the input. I would rather be cautious than foolish.

I have taken close up photos. I do not see the stitch holes you mentioned, only the pattern of the weave. I do agree that the stitching that holds the top braid is certainly far from perfect. It looks to have been done on an old treadle sewing machine.

I have also attached a photos of the emblem of the Soviet Union. Please let me know the problems with this. I would appreciate seeing an example of the proper WWII emblem.

Thank you,
    Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Shoulder Board Collection   WWII Shoulder Board Collection  

?

I would appreciate seeing an example of the proper WWII emblem.
    Clearly those people were working on replica you have after looking into these pictures from "Zeughause" magazine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Shoulder Board Collection  
    Last edited by vvadim; 05-25-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Thank you very much, Vadim. I appreciate your help.
    Bob Hritz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2