Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1.e. - l.a.h. 1283

Article about: Hi, can anyone tell me if this is a real or fake ID Tag ? If real: what is the meaning of the letters and numbers? Thanks, Chris

Default 1.e. - l.a.h. 1283

Hi,

can anyone tell me if this is a real or fake ID Tag ?
    If real: what is the meaning of the letters and numbers?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1.e. - l.a.h. 1283  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1.e. - l.a.h. 1283
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 1.e. - l.a.h. 1283

It'd be 1. Kompanie, Ersatz-Bataillon, Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler (the formal unit desgination would be found as SS-Ersatz-Bataillon Leibstandarte). Created on 26.8.1939 in Berlin-Lichterfeld.

As for whether or not it's real, that's difficult- I don't see any usual indicators of a fake, and some details that are positive, however I've not seen this one exactly, and since virtually every unit had different stamps, it's difficult to authenticate unless one knows exactly what this unit's discs looked like. Someone may be familiar with this type if it's a fake, since those would be more known. Unfortunately with SS discs being so extensively faked, and this being one of the most desirable units, thus extensively extensively faked, one really needs absolute proof of authenticity. Hopefully someone has one or knows some certain details that can help...