Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1.Sw.SS.Pz.A.502 Dog tag

Article about: hello , i would to show my dog tag ,1.Sw.SS.Pz.A.502 , they looks ground find , opinion

?

Laxymil,

"SW" on a dogtag would be "ScheinWerfer" Searchlight. I think that in itself makes this tag difficult to authenticate from the photo. The lack of roll number makes it unissued for sure. It would also be extremely rare as this unit was formed in September 1944 from heavy abt. 102 and would have only had about 6 months of replacements or lost tags. It was designated Schwere Abt 511 in January of 1945 as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1.Sw.SS.Pz.A.502 Dog tag
    P
    Many

?

This would make the use of "502" obsolete at that time. I am not sure why a replacement tag stamped "502" would be in the area where they surrendered if it was unissued.

It is not common that even for a very short existing units you new brands were made. There are brands of the SS as the units just 2 weeks have existed had.
    This was in the WH quite often.
    I'm going out looking for.

Here 's a picture of a 100 % original brand.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1.Sw.SS.Pz.A.502 Dog tag   1.Sw.SS.Pz.A.502 Dog tag  

Quote by meskalin View Post
    Here 's a picture of a 100 % original brand.
    Thanks for this one , really nice one !!! I like it !

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    Laxymil,

"SW" on a dogtag would be "ScheinWerfer" Searchlight. I think that in itself makes this tag difficult to authenticate from the photo. The lack of roll number makes it unissued for sure. It would also be extremely rare as this unit was formed in September 1944 from heavy abt. 102 and would have only had about 6 months of replacements or lost tags. It was designated Schwere Abt 511 in January of 1945 as well.
    Thanks for info , but was "ScheinWerfer" unit in ss panzer abteilung 502 ??? I try make new photos of this dog tag .

?

This tag was found near the Polish Russian border Correct?

?

Sorry about my earlier post but I had the Unit Wrong, I was looking at s.Pz.Abt. 502 (later redesignated s.Pz.Abt. 511) a HEER unit NOT s.SS-Pz.Abt. 102 (later redesignated s.SS-Pz.Abt. 502) Which never fought on the Polish Russian border, sorry but I think this tag may have issues other than the stamping. s.SS-Pz.Abt. 102 Formed October 1943. Fought in Normandy. Destroyed in German retreat. Withdrawn for refitting in September 1944. Redesignated s.SS-Pz.Abt. 502. Received Tiger II in February-March 1945. Sent to the Eastern Front. Fought along the Oder in March 1945.

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    This tag was found near the Polish Russian border Correct?
    Yes Sir correct , near the sea .

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1.Sw.SS.Pz.A.502 Dog tag   1.Sw.SS.Pz.A.502 Dog tag  

1.Sw.SS.Pz.A.502 Dog tag  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast