MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

10./ ss aer

Article about: This one looks good to me but can you explain the AER - Ausbildungs Ersatz Regiment ?? Many thanks Nick

Default 10./ ss aer

This one looks good to me but can you explain the AER - Ausbildungs Ersatz Regiment ??

Many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 10./ ss aer   10./ ss aer  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 10./ ss aer
    P
    Many

SS-Artillerie-Ersatz-Regiment would be my guess?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Of course , thanks Ade!

Saves me trawling through the Lexicon !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

10./ ss aer10./ ss aer

Nick here is mine forn the same Batterie for comparison , this is the Artillerie Ersatz Regiment , this one was found on the positions of the SS Sturmbrigade Langemarck in Estonia !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Nice one Paul ! Thanks for showing!

Any particular reason why one would have runes and another SS ?

Nick

?

Quite a difference in the issue numbers so possibly a new set of stamps were being used i'm sure Matt will have more to add to the question !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Paul's quite right that given the significant time difference between the issuing of the two discs, it's possible the stamp set was changed; unfortunately though, everything, including the 'Waffen-SS' on the back is different, so it's hard to say anything for sure about the first disc. It has no obvious problems, but that's all.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thank you guys !

Nick

?

The same as Paul's tag with big number and big "Nirostal"like holes shown here SS Erkennungsmarken and next in this thread are the same as thread starter, even the same companie halftag, just 40 numbers difference. Also a couple of other diffirent tags from the same unit.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Oh brilliant Dimas- your 10. Batterie disc's font looks the same to me; note how the R has a very short loop, and a long front 'leg' that's not quite as long as the straight vertical line, for example. Interestingly, the one you posted from the 11. Batterie, Nr. 373, has a font that looks very much like that of the one in question too.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast