Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

12 SS Panzer Div (real or fake)

Article about: My eye tells me this is fake, but I've not seen one of these before. What do you make of it? Thanks in advance.

?

Default Re: 12 SS Panzer Div (real or fake)

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Well the Division Kommando is the Division, no? Nothing higher. Besides, the 'sub-unit' that I saw meant was Regiment, Abteilung, Bataillon, etc. I'm not picking at sematics here, but addressing what seems a significant misconception. The implication was that a disc marked 'Division' is not real, and I'm showing that it is. The other one I posted certainly appears real to me- I've collected and studied Erkennungsmarken for around 15 years now, and I see nothing at all that makes me think otherwise. And you're missing the point about the Legion and Freikorps- like Divisionen they're they're of the highest organizational state, thus analogous for the purposes of my suggestion that sub-units are the only ones that shoud appear on discs or that the lack of any is an indicator of a fake.
    Matt points well made As far as i am aware a Div Kdo was a Div level unit based at Div HQ and as such a component part. Early Legions and Freikorps consisted of no more than Btl or Regimental strength 800 - 3000 men not 16,000 -18,000 so could be marked as a an equivalent to units of that level as most tags are.

I've never seen a Erkenungsmarke number in any documents that shows as a Divison but then i haven't seen every document, soldbuch , wehrpass Have you any docs that can support this ?

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 12 SS Panzer Div (real or fake)
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2