Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

13.Gr.W.Kp.I.R.544

Article about: Greetings dear friends! Erkennungsmarken was found in the village Komarovka, Korsun-Shevchenko district, Cherkasy region, Ukraine. I have a question. What is could mean a stamp? (Marked on t

Default 13.Gr.W.Kp.I.R.544

Greetings dear friends! Erkennungsmarken was found in the village Komarovka, Korsun-Shevchenko district, Cherkasy region, Ukraine. I have a question.
    What is could mean a stamp? (Marked on the photo). And another question, is it possible to find the name of the soldier on his personal number (42)? Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 13.Gr.W.Kp.I.R.544  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 13.Gr.W.Kp.I.R.544
    P
    Many

?

Greetings Alexander! I would guess the inverted "v" is supposed to be the blood type stamp, he probably has no "A" stamp and that is as close as he could get. Just my guess.
    I hope your not affected badly by the troubles in your country.

Nice tag, would love to have one from the Korsun pocket.

?

Alexander,

You might be able to find out this fellow here:

DEUTSCHE DIENSTSTELLE (WASt)

?

Yup, he's right, that's just a V used as an A- it's not common but occasionally I've seen letters substituted where it seems the proper stamp was lost or something, so they just used one that's close enough. And no, you can't find out whose disc this was- it's private information and no country would just give it out. Only close relatives are able to request such things.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Alexander,

Matt is correct, you cannot get any information unless you are the next of kin:

The original documents of the former German Wehrmacht and other military/para-military organisations in W.W.II are essential to us when carrying out our tasking as laid down by law. These are not documents as covered by the Federal Archives law. The basis for usage thereof is laid down in the law covering the "Processing of Personal Data by the Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt)" of 26.01.93 (GVBL. Nr.7 of 30.01.93, 49th year).

According to this we are not allowed to convey related data of surviving combatants to private persons or institution outside the public area, unless the person in question can give permission. It is also not possible to provide informations on fallen or deceased soldiers without permission of the next of kin.

Thank you very much everyone for your help, for information and a link!
    * I'll know now that is stamped "A" (second group of blood).

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    I hope your not affected badly by the troubles in your country.
    Thank You Eike ! If you mean the events of the Second World War, my family has suffered more from communist repression. If recent events in Ukraine (russian provocations), while, Glory to God, all is quiet in my region.