Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 IDs original? Please help

Article about: Can you help me please with these 2? First I have and I can not find the unit and second i want to buy Since I am new to collecting IDs I would welcome any advices aswell

Default 2 IDs original? Please help

Can you help me please with these 2?
    First I have and I can not find the unit and second i want to buy
    Since I am new to collecting IDs I would welcome any advices aswell

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 IDs original? Please help
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 2 IDs original? Please help

Both are doubtless fakes- there was no Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 42 and the font is probably a known bad type, 'GB. JG.' is probably not a real abbreviation either (I've never seen it); you can find a complete list of the Gebirgsjäger-Regimenter here: Lexikon der Wehrmacht - Gebirgsjäger-Regimenter

It's an easy way to spot a fake- check the unit. Also a problem, apart from the weird abbreviations is the fact that the blood group letter is the same as the 'B' in the unit text- usually a blood group letter is different because it's added at a different time than the disc's main markings, by a different person, in a different place- fakers mark everything at once and just use the same stamp.

and there was no SS-Panzerjäger-Abteilung 38 and I wouldn't be surprised if that one's font matches other fakes too. Here's the list of SS-Panzerjäger-Abteilungen: Lexikon der Wehrmacht- SS Panzerjäger Abteilungen

VERY short since there was only one Fakers sometimes don't bother to look to see if their choice of unit numbers makes any sense- luckily for us. Here too is the blood group letter issue- it's the same as the 'A' in 'Abt.' so clearly isn't right.

My primary advice would be to not bother with SS discs from unknown sellers- 99% are fakes. Most dealers and sellers really don't know enough to avoid the bad ones so unknowingly offer them.
    Last edited by Matt L; 01-19-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...