Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?

Article about: ok, but anyway these tags have the soldiers name on them? sorry they were upside down. Ill have to show you some ones that my friend just recovered from german bodies in Russia. She is on a

Default 2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?

here are some pictures of some items I just got. Im thinking its grave items, but im not sure. Im just wondering about this id disk. It was dirty so I cleaned it up and this what I found, is it even real? I did not personally dig these items this time so Im not sure, thanks!!2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?
    P
    Many

?

Did you check the inside of the boot? How does it smell? How did the dirt smell that you cleaned off the dog tag when you wet it?

yeah it just smells like, I don't know how to describe it. something is rattleing inside of it so im afraid to look haha. I never smelled the dog tag, honestly I just spit on it a little to clean it up. But it looks like it kinda sparkles or like small little speckles if you hit it right with the sunlight.

I tried to look inside but its pretty stiff. something is in the toe area. I don't know what that camo pattern is, I think it might be u.s ..yeah ,an I tried to smell the leather again I just cant explain it, its real though for sure

?

In my experiences and digging adventures I found many items like in your picture above that were not from graves. When things are against decomposing flesh they definitely stink. metal can be cleaned but cloth and leather tend to have a certain smell for quite some time unless the climate is very dry. So in my opinion it is impossible to say if these came from a body. That tag is very desirable (if real) and maybe that other stuff is to make it seem more authentic.

?

Oh boy- I hope you didn't pay a lot for it all or can return it because the disc is a fake. That's a well-known fake font- I have a bunch of examples in the 'fake fonts' thread. I suspect the rest is just there to legitimize it.

It's actually a very amateurish attempt- that's the bottom half of a disc, which is broken off if a soldier is killed and kept by the unit to record his loss. It'd never be with a fallen soldier- that would be the top half only or the whole disc.

So the answer is no, at least, it's not from a grave. I don't know about the shoe or the other bits. And for future reference, it's always, always a very good idea to get opinions on SS discs especially before buying- the vast majority you'll find are fakes and a long time ago now they moved on to faking 'ground dug' ones to make them seem more real. They even damage them since even the lower price damaged pieces fetch is still profit since they're worth nothing. I'll bet the other half of this disc is for sale somewhere too...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Oh I didn't pay for any of this stuff. I thought this was a normal dic until I Cleaned it and saw the ss and was like yep, it must be a fake. I never trusted ss stuff and until I cleaned it and noticed it. I don't care about the dog tag at all..

?

Awesome Well then no problem LOL It's definitely safest to just assume SS stuff is probably fake- then you never lose because in the rare case that it's not, it's a lucky bonus

2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?2 ss Jager Regt dug grave dog tag?I got some more stuff from Russia, can you figure out these dog tags?, when I grabbed that dog tag out of the box I new the ss was fake because of the metal, anyone translate the codes or regiment?

?

Sure, those are simple; the whole one is: 2./ Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 22, and the half: 3./ Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 95.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast