Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2x SS ID Discs

Article about: Morning Guys, today I´m back in the office because I have a long christmas holiday. Just read the answer from Matt and Nick. I started the thread"Need Help! 2x SS ID Discs" because

Default 2x SS ID Discs

Hi Guys,
    is that the real deal???

1: A.ABT.Z.LAH.SS
    2: SS-PZ.GREN.A.u.E.Btl.1

thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2x SS ID Discs   2x SS ID Discs  

2x SS ID Discs   2x SS ID Discs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2x SS ID Discs
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2x SS ID Discs

is no one out there?

?

Well the AuE disc is real- a LOT of these exist; someone found a huge cache of unissued stock discs some time ago and this appears to be one of them; I've not seen a 'V' though, so there must be even more than I ever thought since the roll number goes from 1-999 plus a letter, so getting all the way to V meas there were thousands and thousands of these originally. They're unissued, so not really LAH since they only ever sat in an office or even a factory and weren't ever worn by a soldier.

The second disc is doubtful- the text makes no sense; what's LAH-SS?; what's an Abt Z?
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Is no one out there reading my response? LOL

?

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Is no one out there reading my response? LOL
    I am Matt , here is another pair posted on waf & one of these also has a V after the roll number .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2x SS ID Discs  

?

Gnarly- yeah these are not uncommon at all.

It's Nikolaus who seems to be Vermißt...

?

Sigh. So no answer in 5 hours, which was overnight in North America, so half the forum wasn't even awake to read the question, and he never bothers to come back and check again?

Hi Matt

I have dealt with Niklaus during a purchase and there were long gaps between responses . He very infrequently goes on the forum and does take time to reply but he will.

I am sure there is a valid reason . He is a good sort

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Oh I don't think badly of him for just this little thing- I do wish though that if people ask a question they have the courtesy to check to see if anyone has taken the time to answer until a reasonable amount of time has passed (i.e., a couple of days); one can also quite easily 'subscribe' to a thread which will automatically notify when a reply is posted so it's not even strictly necessary to check.

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Oh I don't think badly of him for just this little thing- I do wish though that if people ask a question they have the courtesy to check to see if anyone has taken the time to answer until a reasonable amount of time has passed (i.e., a couple of days); one can also quite easily 'subscribe' to a thread which will automatically notify when a reply is posted so it's not even strictly necessary to check.
    True enough !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast