Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

4 German soldiers

Article about: Hello gents, I know this is not Erkennungsmarken, but this plate holds 4 German soldiers names. Feel free to move the thread if needed. I have posted the pics of my finds in this thread, htt

?

Default 4 German soldiers

Hello gents,

I know this is not Erkennungsmarken, but this plate holds 4 German soldiers names. Feel free to move the thread if needed. I have posted the pics of my finds in this thread, 4 German names on bunker "door sign"

Is it possible to research the four soldiers? I of course do not have much to go on. I have posted this because i would think that people with expertise in this field might have an idea about what to do. If there is anything to do about it. I will try and find out what kind of units was present in this area. My Russian friend said it was infantry, but there is different kinds of infantry of course.

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 4 German soldiers
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 4 German soldiers

Hi Lars,

With only 4 family names, you don't have much of anything to go on. They'd only be on one Kompanie roll together and perhaps only at one specific time. Only possibly in US, Soviet, etc. archives might unit lists or the like exist, but it seems unlikely they'd be accessable- you'd have to go to Washington, DC, Moscow, or wherever to look anyway. Some of the names seem to be on the more unique side, however service records are still personal information and no country will just give them out- so you can't even just check all the listings for each name and locate a common unit.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Default Re: 4 German soldiers

Thank you for the answer Matt.

Regards, Lars