Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Article about: Hi guys, another ekm found by me. I found these information: 43785 from ca.12.3.1943-8.5.45 SS-Z-Kdo. Sandberge Anti-aircraft artillery training unit for SS youth, founded probably in 1943 a

Fra
    ?

Default 43785

Hi guys,
    another ekm found by me.
    I found these information:
    43785 from ca.12.3.1943-8.5.45 SS-Z-Kdo. Sandberge
    Anti-aircraft artillery training unit for SS youth, founded probably in 1943 and probably located near the town of Röbel.
    The abbreviation SS-Z stands for SS Zögling and belonged to young volunteer aides in anti-aircraft artillery. We would literally translate this as SS inmates, or SS youth. Young boys and girls of other nationalities were recruited into their ranks.

Are the information correct?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 43785  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 43785
    P
    Many

?

I have looked at the Feldpostnummer and I am not sure that this would be a Erkennungsmarke for an SS unit. I have never seen an SS emarke stamped in this fashion. My guess is that this one belonged to a Freiwillige (volunteer) in the Landesschützen Bataillon 595. I am not sure about this, it just makes the most sense to me when I look at this emarke.
    Ofcourse, if anyone has another opinion or knows more about the units wich had this Feldpostnummer I am happy to stand corrected.

Regards, Rik

Fra
    ?

Hi Rik....thanks
    I found the information on this website.....43785 | Fronta.cz

?

I found the same website.
    When I am searching a feldpostnummer I use the axishistory.com website. There I also found this:

(30.7.1941 - 28.2.1942) 4. Kompanie Landesschützen-Bataillon 595
    (1.3.1942 - 7.9.1942) gestrichen, wurde FP.Nr. 40779 E
    (12.3.1943 - 7.9.1943) SS-Z-Kommando Sandberge

Fra
    ?

Thaks again Rik,i appreciate the help and advice.

An unusual one, I don't think this is SS related but I like it. The crucial question is deciding when the feldpostnummer was used and by whom. As this one is for a volunteer I'm thinking it is more likely it was for a former POW pressed into service with the Wehrmacht and helping the Landeschutzen.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    An unusual one, I don't think this is SS related but I like it. The crucial question is deciding when the feldpostnummer was used and by whom. As this one is for a volunteer I'm thinking it is more likely it was for a former POW pressed into service with the Wehrmacht and helping the Landeschutzen.
    Very true BC. Forgot to add that Freiwillige in many cases were not that Freiwillig. Indeed pressed into service or trying to escape a certain death in a POW camp due to starvation. Hiwi (Hilfswillige) is something also seen stamped on tags for these 'Freiwillige'.

I'm sure I have seen an SS Kommando Sandberge Ekm and it was actually stamped Sandberge.

?

Interesting tag, it was not typical that the ss had coded dog tags. I had only seen one before. SS tags are not my knowledge.