Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Aldershorst Disk

Article about: I have this Aldershorst disk and I am trying to figure out where was the unit stationed? was it at Hitler's HQ the "Eagles Nest" or the bunker complex north of Frankfurt? or some o

?

Default Aldershorst Disk

I have this Aldershorst disk and I am trying to figure out where was the unit stationed? was it at Hitler's HQ the "Eagles Nest" or the bunker complex north of Frankfurt? or some other random village? any insight would be appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aldershorst Disk  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aldershorst Disk
    P
    Many

Its from the hoard found on the Gendarmerie training site at Gydnia in Poland

?

I understand that, but where would these policemen be deployed? Poland?

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    I understand that, but where would these policemen be deployed? Poland?
    It merged with Gendarmerie Ersatz Abt unit based at Thorn in 15/1/45. The Commander being Hpt. Fritz Schlosser. Source Tessin, Ordungspolitzei im kriegseinsatz.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Its from the hoard found on the Gendarmerie training site at Gydnia in Poland
    Exactly. Adlershorst is the German name for Orlowo (Gdynia).

It has nothing to do with "Adlerhorst" as used as the designation for the FHQ bunker complex near Ziegenberg or as the nickname for the Kehlsteinhaus by Berchtesgaden.

Also note the different spelling.

?

Excellent! that is what I could not figure out! Is there a reference for places that the Nazi regime renamed? I run into this sort of thing a lot in my research.

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    Excellent! that is what I could not figure out! Is there a reference for places that the Nazi regime renamed? I run into this sort of thing a lot in my research.
    I don't know if any such list exists.

You do have to bear one thing in mind, though: Not all places that had/have German names in additon to their Polish, Czech etc. one were re-named by the Nazis.

Most of these names date back for decades or centuries prior to the dawn of the Third Reich.

Europe's borders, language boundaries and spheres of cultural and political influence have shifted and changed countless times in history. One and the same place would often change its name, sometimes several times and/or back and forth, sometimes various names in different languages were used simultaneously etc...

(For example, the name Adlershorst dates back to the early-to-mid-nineteenth century.)