Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

any info on this german identity disc

Article about: hi can anyone give me any info on this disc, seems to say SS-B.O.B.KP.G.E.R.15 through middle ,and on top 65 and an A , ta kev

Default any info on this german identity disc

any info on this german identity disc hi can anyone give me any info on this disc, seems to say SS-B.O.B.KP.G.E.R.15 through middle ,and on top 65 and an A , ta kev
    Last edited by DUCATI KEV; 05-07-2014 at 10:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement any info on this german identity disc
    P
    Many

?

Sorry Kev, but unfortunately there isn't any information to give- the disc is probably a fake. Several characters appear to be known fake types- the 6, 5 and R in particular- and the text doesn't really make any sense either; there was no SS-Grenadier-Ersatz-Regiment 15, and the SS is in the wrong place anyway. There wasn't really even a GER15 in the Heer- it was GER(B) 15. I have no idea what a B.O.B. Kp is supposed to be LOL I've heard of an R.O.B. Kp (Reserve-Offizier-Bewerber), so maybe the faker just had no real idea what he was trying to mark- it certainly seems so since it's nonsensical.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

It looks like he burned it trying to give it age....you have to wonder if the faker was a Russian used to Cyrillic alphabet and unfamiliar with Western letters...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Good job, friends...I was wracking my brain as to what the hell B.O.B was supposed to be, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

I've known Women to have B.O.B.'s, but they're likely different things.....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

dear Matt L

has thought about making a thread with examples of letters recognized as false by its peculiarity?

now we have to search multiple threads to find those examples.

"r" with the hook, "R" the fat, "a" with the hole , same tipe of font in blood type and unit script , number 3 with the flat head , etc....

description pictures would be very useful in a single thread of inquiry.

You are an expert and would be happy to enlighten us who started in this.
    Jedem das Seine

?

Yes, I've been meaning to add more to the common fake fonts thread- somehow it got sidetracked by a few folks who misunderstood the 'check here first' bit and started asking questions there though LOL There aren't so many peculiar characters to show, but more common styles.

One thing I do recommend for everyone interested in Erkennungsmarken is to start your own databases of good and fake discs; then you can compare yourself quite easily by choosing a single letter that has very specific characteristics (like R or G, but not simple like I or A) and just look through your images to see if there are any that match or are very close- that's how I do it. Much better than searching images in a thread or multiple threads here
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

thanks matt and guys, had it kicking round for years, got it with some german ww2 documents many years back in a job lot, which is my area of interest, thanks for the honest opinion and not patronizing remarks that some other german ww2 forum which i wont name always seem to dish out, again thanks for your help, kev

Quote by DUCATI KEV View Post
    thanks matt and guys, had it kicking round for years, got it with some german ww2 documents many years back in a job lot, which is my area of interest, thanks for the honest opinion and not patronizing remarks that some other german ww2 forum which i wont name always seem to dish out, again thanks for your help, kev
    I think we know who you mean!....

Bob - means that carrier of the id disc "brings own beer"