Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic Erkennungsmarken ?

Article about: Hello: Yet another request for opinion/information. This one supposedly came from Stalingrad and as best I can tell is from the 1st Company of the 185th Infantry Replacement Batalion.Thanks

Default Authentic Erkennungsmarken ?

Hello: Yet another request for opinion/information. This one supposedly came from Stalingrad and as best I can tell is from the 1st Company of the 185th Infantry Replacement Batalion.Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Authentic Erkennungsmarken ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic Erkennungsmarken ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Authentic Erkennungsmarken ?

Sure, that one's fine. The unit is listed as having supplied replacement troops to Infanterie-Regimenter 185 and 274; 185 wasn't at Stalingrad, but 274 was- with the 94. Infanterie-Division, first as part of the 17. Armee in August, then the 4. Panzer-Armee in October, and then finally the 6. Armee from December on. This is one of those great examples of a disc whose original owner can be clearly traced- if to a rather unfortunate end.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Default Re: Authentic Erkennungsmarken ?

I agree, this one would be acceptable to me as well. It also shows some wear to the cord holes.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)