Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Battle of Liepāja - 2 Kompanie; 139th Battalion Erkennungsmarke; Battle of Saldus, Latvia 1944 - 2.Kp.Bau.Btl.139

Article about: I've recently got this erkennungsmarke dug from the Saldus area near the battle grounds of 1944 Liepaja. I'm believe it is an authentic tag for the font used on the tag. Can you give me your

Default Battle of Liepāja - 2 Kompanie; 139th Battalion Erkennungsmarke; Battle of Saldus, Latvia 1944 - 2.Kp.Bau.Btl.139

I've recently got this erkennungsmarke dug from the Saldus area near the battle grounds of 1944 Liepaja.

I'm believe it is an authentic tag for the font used on the tag. Can you give me your opinion on the legitimacy of this construction battalion. Again, it looks good to me, but the font isn't seen on the tags I have in my collection.

Regards,

Battle of Liepāja - 2 Kompanie; 139th Battalion Erkennungsmarke; Battle of Saldus, Latvia 1944 - 2.Kp.Bau.Btl.139

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battle of Liepāja - 2 Kompanie; 139th Battalion Erkennungsmarke; Battle of Saldus, Latvia 1944 - 2.Kp.Bau.Btl.139
    P
    Many

?

Can't see any problems with this EKM
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thanks, Paul.

Looks like a good tag to me as well. Nothing of prestige or provenance, but likely died not as a front line battle but artillery as he was at the time of Saldus a construction engineering soldier overseeing railroads.

Loosely translated the history behind soldier 83's battalion:

The construction battalion 139 was in the mobilization on 26 August 1939 at the Military District XII erected. The battalion was set up from units of the RAD as Army troops. Initially, the battalion in the West in the fifth Army used. On April 9, 1940, the battalion dismissal of RAD for construction battalion 139 of the Armed Forces was reclassified. On 1 January 1941 the battalion was renamed Railway Construction Battalion 139th When Eastern Campaign the battalion was used in Central Russia. On August 19, 1943, the battalion was renamed Railroad Baupionier Battalion 139th

Replacement troops part of the battalion was initially the construction Replacement Battalion 12 . From the 27th of August 1941 took the Railroad Pioneer Replacement Battalion 5 this task.

commanders:

?

Looks fine to me! as the front crumbled in the East more and more of these guys ended up fighting.

?

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    Looks fine to me! as the front crumbled in the East more and more of these guys ended up fighting.
    Very true as manpower ran short in combat units , Troops from other non combat units were transfeered into combat units to build up the Rifle strength at the Front , they even ended up in Waffen SS units.

1st July 1916

Hello to all.
    This is my erkennungsmarke.
    I do not know if this is good news, because my tag comes from the same war zone and I think also from the same seller.
    Giovanni

Battle of Liepāja - 2 Kompanie; 139th Battalion Erkennungsmarke; Battle of Saldus, Latvia 1944 - 2.Kp.Bau.Btl.139Battle of Liepāja - 2 Kompanie; 139th Battalion Erkennungsmarke; Battle of Saldus, Latvia 1944 - 2.Kp.Bau.Btl.139

Hello to all.
    I would add that there is currently a similar erkennungsmarke for sale, and from the same seller, ""2.Kp.Bau.Btl.139 markennummer 182"".
    This is the link:
    Original WW2 Battl. Relic German army Soldiers Dog Tag- ID ( 2.Kp.Bau.Btl.139 ) | eBay
    Giovanni