Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blue Division erkennungsmarke legit?

Article about: Hi guys, is this good?, think it s ok, but would like to make sure, regards, Juan

Default Blue Division erkennungsmarke legit?

Hi guys, is this good?, think it s ok, but would like to make sure, regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blue Division erkennungsmarke legit?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blue Division erkennungsmarke legit?
    P
    Many

Lexikon der Wehrmacht - Blaue Division

The unity is correct, for the tag, i don't know...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Do you think these other ones are ok?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blue Division erkennungsmarke legit?   Blue Division erkennungsmarke legit?  

Blue Division erkennungsmarke legit?   Blue Division erkennungsmarke legit?  

Blue Division erkennungsmarke legit?   Blue Division erkennungsmarke legit?  

I'd say original but if not they have been expertly aged!...

?

I'll move it to the EKM section !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Such a grouping of closely spaced stammrollen numbers from a single unit (and whole tags also) is alarming to me. If not fakes then I would be concerned that a black digger has uncovered a mass grave and pinched the discs from the bodies.

?

These all look original to me. I would say authentic.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Such a grouping of closely spaced stammrollen numbers from a single unit (and whole tags also) is alarming to me. If not fakes then I would be concerned that a black digger has uncovered a mass grave and pinched the discs from the bodies.
    You are right Glenn very unusual to see so many tags from the same company with very close stammroll numbers !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

In my own experience I have found and seen tags that were in groups like this. The Russians regularly exhumed German graves during the war and collected tags for intelligence These tags would be discarded after they were researched. I have seen groups like this 5 to 7 tags of one unit come from the same spot in the ground near where a the fighting was (in my case they were all TK tags). I have also encountered groups of stamped tags in trash pits around German positions and like these no blood group, so I assumed they were unissued and discarded for some reason. That is not to say these did not come from bodies, I am only stating that I have seen similar groupings from other units without bones or bodies.

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Do you think these other ones are ok?
    All look original to me, very desirable but their existence together like this make me very suspicious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast