Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

clear photos ss id disc

Article about: And yet another development- the new thread 'SS Tags' there's a disc also marked to the '1./ SS-Pi. Pol. E. Kp.' (here's the photo- Pol Disc) that has this same strange one-stamp first bit w

?

Default clear photos ss id disc

Hi guys

I finally have clearer photos of the SS Pi Ers Btl disc. Please can I have your final opinions based on these clearer photos. Gareth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement clear photos ss id disc
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: clear photos ss id disc

In my opinion it's an original one - I can't find anything suspicious here.

?

Thank you Stacez, I would like to hear any other opinions based on these clearer photos, thank you!

?

i too like this, the font appears very similar to ohers ive seen,george w

Quote by Gareth View Post
    Thank you Stacez, I would like to hear any other opinions based on these clearer photos, thank you!
    I think if Stacez likes it you probably don't need any other opinions

FWIW I like it too.

?

Oh? LOL I don't think you can ever have enough opinions when they're experience-based and somewhat subjective

What looks odd to me now that we have a better photo is that the '1./SS-Pi.' portion is perfectly clean and straight and appears to be one single stamp, whereas the 'Ers. Btl.', because the letters are different and not all straight, are single stamps- that's not normal at all; moreover since the Kompanie is a variable, it's even more strange to have a single stamp for just a portion that includes it- usually they'd either do the whole thing, meaning each subunit had their own stamp or the variable would be left out and each unit would just add their number.

I tried matching the top to the bottom in the best photo above and it's extremely close- the photo isn't straight on and the angle causes a little spacing distortion, but the difference is so minimal that it sure seems like one stamp for the '1./Pi.' portion.

On the plus side, there's a bit of crystalline corrosion that's eaten right into the bottom of the lower half's 'E', and that's usually a good sign; it means it's not an original blank disc with natural age that's been stamped recently, and I haven't seen any fakes with truly good chemical corrosion that matches reality yet.

I would say get a lifetime return guarantee from the seller if you do buy it. Normally I don't buy any SS stuff without there being no oddities at and enough positives to be 99.9% sure it's real (unless it's really inexpensive and thus worth a chance), but if you're sure of the seller and have a forever authenticity guarantee, that's good too.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I think if Stacez likes it you probably don't need any other opinions
    Thank you Glenn66 but I have to say it again - I'm definitely not an expert in pursuit of fake EKMs This is area where Matt "rocks". I'm interested mostly in EKMs' identification and the units' history behind the stampings...

?

Guys thank you so much for all the input, came across this one in another forum, same 1/SS-Pi....

?

, i like this too,ground dug where? george w

?

Quote by Gareth View Post
    Guys thank you so much for all the input, came across this one in another forum, same 1/SS-Pi....
    They are very close but are not quite the same- see here I've superimposed the new one on the old one: at the bottom the sizing is such that the '1's match, and the spacing is off, plus the 'i' is shorter; and above the 'i's match, but the rest are larger; note the dots are very different as is the dash, and the Sigrunen have a shorter middle line.

clear photos ss id disc
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast