Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

codiert EM 62892, help

Article about: Hello can you tell me more about this one ? I think FJ unit ? thanks for answers cordially Didier

?

Default codiert EM 62892, help

Hello
    can you tell me more about this one ?
    I think FJ unit ?
    thanks for answers
    cordially
    Didier

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement codiert EM 62892, help
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: codiert EM 62892, help

That code is the 2./ Fallschirm-Panzerjäger-Abteilung 1. It's quite interesting as these 'altered' types are not at all common and the original code, 62789, is unknown.
    Last edited by Matt L; 03-06-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Hello Matt
    thanks a lot
    cordially
    Didier

Do you know where it was found?

?

Hello
    in France-Brittany
    Didier

Cool tag! That's the unit that it should be.

?

Bichon, your ID tag brings me a Deja-Vu ;-) I am posting a half I dug 5 minuts from my house, folded together. The original number was 6279 - II. Stuka-Geschwader 2 and restamped 62893 - 3.Fsch.Pz.Jag.Abt.1

?

You mean the original mark was '62790' not '6279' Notice how the new '8' is stamped over the '0'. This is really interesting given that Jan is in the Czech Republic and the other disc was found in France; I guess these guys were all over. Or the latter guy made his way to the western Allies lines to surrender rather than being taken by the Soviets...

It's cool that this shows it was the unit who chose to simply re-mark men's discs rather than issue them new ones.

And even though 62789 doesn't appear on my MOB code list, since 62790 is there, and clearly a man from that unit became an Fallschirmjager, I would expect it was also a section of StG 2. Maybe I./StG 2?

?

Matt, friend, you are killing me.. I was looking at the tag like cow (and it was YOU who identified this tag for me) and thinking "how is it possible it is only 4 digits?"... But I had only small piece of paper with both units included to tag. I did not notice "0" was restamped with "8". I am THAT stupid! Thanks for the lesson, I will concentrate on diging, and visit again the young forrest where I found this half. Maybe the second part is still here, although I never found second half of such folded lower halves.

Jan

?

Oh? I must have made a typo in the response if I wrote 6279 LOL Sorry And you never know about the other half- it was a Gebirgs-Pionier disc I think that you told me once you found the second half years after the first and 100m away- I still tell people that story when they start suggesting half discs are only from graves LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast