Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Common Fake Fonts: look here first!

Article about: Hi guys, Here's another very common fake 'font' to learn to recognize if you plan to buy any Erkennungsmarken- it's probably tied for most common with the crappy so-called "Rokas"

Surprised to see this being flogged on that forum, as there are lots of experienced collectors on it. Just goes to prove that it is good to research before you buy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Common Fake Fonts: look here first!
    P
    Many

Quote by Dschop View Post
    Good afternoon,

While scrolling through the militaria E-stand on WAF I came across this Rokas fake and it is actually being sold as an original (for 89 euro).
    I am posting this for educational purposes. The '3' and 'r' are the dead giveaway.
    Thanks to this forum, members like Blackcat, Eike & others and the book by Jean Hoïdal I managed to spot the flaws right away. So this is a good example about educating yourself if your interested in erkennungsmarken.

Regards, Rik

P.s. I send a PM to the seller to tell him te bad news.
    Thought about buying that one as it fits into my collecting area but something didn't look right so, I never gave it another thought.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

It is a good thing you didn't go after this one Ralph. You will find a nice panzer EKM for your collection eventually.
    Last edited by Rik.S; 12-22-2017 at 05:32 PM.

It is a good thing you didn't go after this one Ralph. You will find a nice panzer EKM for your collection eventually.
    Thanks Rik,
    I have a few already,
    A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"
    A special relic of an Erkennungsmarken
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Default More for educational purposes

Good afternoon guys,

I found a good image showing the so called Rokas font wich is being used on fake EKM.
    This gives a good clear view of what you should be aware of. Hope it wil be of any help.

Regards, Rik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Common Fake Fonts: look here first!  

Good timely reminder to the unwary Rik.

Good afternoon,

While scrolling through the militaria E-stand on WAF I came across this Rokas fake and it is actually being sold as an original (for 89 euro).

P.s. I send a PM to the seller to tell him te bad news.
    He has requested the ad be removed.
    Ralph.

Default Fake LAH ekm on the Bay

?

This thread needs an update because I am seeing more and more fake emarken pop up stamped with the exact same font. The faker is using the same stamp set for a bunch of emarken and in my opinion a lot of the fakes are from the more uncommon units, as you will see.
    Some of these have fooled me but I have learned my lesson and got rid of them, others I show here were recently posted on our forum for authentication.

I hope this will help prevent fellow collectors from making the same mistakes I did. And if anyone has pictures of emarken with this same font, please feel free to show them.

Regards, Rik
    Last edited by Rik.S; 10-16-2018 at 06:38 AM.

?

I found two more examples stamped with the same stampset as te ones in my previous post.

Common Fake Fonts: look here first!Common Fake Fonts: look here first!

These were being offered on a Dutch website and they are trying to be codierte erkennungsmarken of the Luftwaffe.

Regards, Rik

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast