Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

De Ruyter tag

Article about: I have been told it is a copy or fake. I had to clean all the black and gray corrosion from the tag. I assume someone buried or used chemicals to age this. Bob Hritz

Default De Ruyter tag

I have been told it is a copy or fake. I had to clean all the black and gray corrosion from the tag. I assume someone buried or used chemicals to age this.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture De Ruyter tag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement De Ruyter tag
    P
    Many

Default Re: De Ruyter tag

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    I have been told it is a copy or fake. I had to clean all the black and gray corrosion from the tag. I assume someone buried or used chemicals to age this.

Bob Hritz
    If you "assume someone buried or used chemicals to age this." Then, i beg, why are you posting this tag? Are we to assume that you accept it as fake or not? Do you think it's genuine but was told it was fake? Pray tell more about why you chose to "clean all the black and grey corrosion" from your tag.

I find it a little strange that a collector as experienced as yourself should post an item that, by your own wording of it is, at best ambiguous. Has this got anything to do with the SS tag thread last week when another advanced collectors word was (heaven forbid!) questioned, and then moved on to other items in his collection.

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but i have a feeling that this thread has been laid out for ulterior motives or the personal agendas of certain bruised ego's. For the greater good i hope this is not the case.As a certain flawed fat man who drank and smoked too much said ; "Let us move on together!"

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Original must start with Kompanie number and will look like that
    1 SS Pz Gr Rgt De Ruiter or 1 NDL SS PZ GT RGT DE RUITER
    also the font is well known on fake discs. Take a look and compare
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Big Ned,

Jesus, there is no conspiracy here. I cleaned the front of the tag because it was almost unreadable. I could not care nore or less about the tag and am happy to throw it in the trash. I was told it is no good, so thought we might be able to discuss the wrongs about the tag.

Big Ned, perhaps you should find some other pastime where you do not see a comspiracy around every post.

Bob Hritz

Jan
    ?

Personally I think these items should be discussed though I think telling fake from original might be very very difficult..

Rgds Jan

?

I think Bob is clearly told here that this one questionable.... Other opinions are welcome, but please I'am tired ( as I think all of us too) from a unuseful content, we are firstly historical place...
    Regards,
    Dimas

Bob-
    To quote the old Disney movie "Song of the South," "Brer Rabbit, don't hit that tar baby."
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Dimas,

Feel free to add this disc to the fake data bank, on the top of this forum.

Bob Hritz

?

No problem Bob, will do that later, after we'll find the mod of that forum
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

agree,it's a fake one.nothing is correct on this one, writing,character,lack of thread corrosion on the holes,etc.

it's always good to show fakes : these babies still make casualties ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast