Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dog Tag - Galicien division

Article about: This is a disk from the 14 Waffen SS Grenadier Galicien division , does it look original to you? Thanks, Val

Default Dog Tag - Galicien division

This is a disk from the 14 Waffen SS Grenadier Galicien division , does it look original to you?

Dog Tag - Galicien divisionDog Tag - Galicien division
    Thanks,
    Val
    Last edited by plohish; 10-14-2011 at 08:54 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dog Tag - Galicien division
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Dog Tag - Galicien division

I can't say I've seen a definitely real one either but this one has some good features- very clean, straight text, and different serial number stamps but that's hardly enough to evaluate it. The best that can be said is that it's not an obvious well-known fake.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Matt, I found another 5 disks from the same division , just to compare....so there are a total of 6 discs..Each is very unitque.. but have some things in common
    Dog Tag - Galicien divisionDog Tag - Galicien divisionDog Tag - Galicien divisionDog Tag - Galicien divisionDog Tag - Galicien division

Matt, interesting,, here's 2 more to compare.. As always appreciate your input..

Val

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dog Tag - Galicien division  

I am pretty much looking to buy disk marked 208 and 95.. but little hesitant now.. 208, 95, and 90 are from the same seller.. and they look very similar.. but they are completelly different from the other 5 disks I posted from the same division,, could be 208, 95, and 90 are fakes?

?

Oh I have real doubts they're real if there are 3 of them all with such low numbers- one could have been some officer who never wore his, thus it remained in good condition, but it's extremely hard to believe that so many have been found. 90 is awfully low to have never been issued- it's possible there were fewer than 90 men in the Kommando section of the Division, but I'd be surprised if it were so.

It also seems odd that 208 would be using different number stamps than 90 and 95- it's plausible that somehow the set was changed between those numbers, but it's more likely they're fake and the scumbag who made them just made a bunch one time and later made more but happened to use another number set (or someone else made them using pre-marked blanks). I'd avoid them. If these were unissued stock, which is the only way so many being available makes any sense (apart from them being fakes), I'd expect the numbers to be the same. So I don't think they're real. I'd need to see some conclusive proof to believe otherwise.

The ones on the red are all garbage- the fonts are recognizable and there are multiple flaws in each.

It's never a good idea to buy an SS disc unless it looks good and is cheap so it's worth taking the chance, or it's virtually certain to be real. Otherwise you're likely to be wasting your money on a fake since the vast, vast majority out there for sale are fakes.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thanks Matt, I appreciate your opinon.. I noteced as well that disk # 208 has a different number stamp.. I'd be interested to see what other experts say..According to the seller , they (208, 95, 90) were recovered from the Brody region in the Ukraine in which the division suffered extremely heavy casualties...I am trying to find out if therey were found in one spot or all over the place, but this won't help much to make a decision on their authenticity, I guess..
    Last edited by plohish; 10-15-2011 at 05:21 AM.

?

The first is original , as the last one too. But alll in the red background is a fakes
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I agree with that.

Dog Tag - Galicien divisionI

Another original discs:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast