Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dog tag Identification

Article about: Hi guys, I was hoping someone would be able to give me some information on my German dog tag I recently acquired. As far as I am aware I believe it to be original but a second opinion would

Default Dog tag Identification

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone would be able to give me some information on my German dog tag I recently acquired. As far as I am aware I believe it to be original but a second opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Dog tag Identification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dog tag Identification
    P
    Many

Roster number of soldier "5778"

Blood group "A"

"Stamm Kp. N.E.A. 10" = Stammkompanie Nachrichten Ersatz Abteilung 10

(2. Fu. Kp. N.E.A. 19) = I'm guessing the "Fu. might stand for "Funk" (?), so insert that with the corresponding above and you should have your unit/units.

Stammkompanie Nachrichten Ersatz Abteilung 10:

Nachrichten-Ersatz-Abteilung 10 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

2. Funk Kompanie Nachrichten Ersatz Abteilung 19:

Nachrichten-Ersatz-Abteilung 19 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

__________________________________________________ _

Not "sexy" units, as some may say, so I think it's all perfectly fine --- looks like it to me. Not sure exactly why there's two units stamped onto there but there's a definite connection between the two as 19 seems to have provided replacement (Ersatz) personnel for 10.

Thank you very much for the information

Seems a really high number for a signals replacement unit?

I can't comment on the validity of such a relatively high number but I can say that I have seen N.E.A tags at least up in the 3000s and that's not me picking from a wide selection --- maybe others can chime in on this issue.

It seems to me, from reading up once again on the Stamm Kompanies, that high numbers were not unusual in the least... looking at one of the tags in that threads there's even one up in the high 19000s. Unless you were referring to high numbers in Nachrichten units in general?

Just want to add here that the purpose of the Stamm Kompanie appears to have been "reception of recruits, induction procedures and forwarding them to the training unit" --- in other words more or less purely administrative tasks, which may help explain the high numbers that went through --- thanks to member Stacez in another thread for this valuable info.

No problem with this one.