Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double sided dog tag, and maybe a commanders?

Article about: I just picked these up and I cannot make out the regiments. I think one is a officer? I looked and looked on the interent and I cant figure it out. Please if anyone can help, I thank you And

Default Double sided dog tag, and maybe a commanders?

I just picked these up and I cannot make out the regiments. I think one is a officer? I looked and looked on the interent and I cant figure it out. Please if anyone can help, I thank you

And there is one double sided and crossed out, why would they do that ? THe top photo is the same dog tag as the bottom

thanks! Double sided dog tag, and maybe a commanders?Double sided dog tag, and maybe a commanders?Double sided dog tag, and maybe a commanders?Double sided dog tag, and maybe a commanders?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double sided dog tag, and maybe a commanders?
    P
    Many

1st image --- only thing i can read/interpret is "I. A. Kolonne. 11./A. A (or A. R.). 217" (Either Artillerie Regiment 217 or Artillerie Abteilung 217?)

2nd image is "Reserve Flak Abteilung 26 "

3rd image is "Fliegerhorst-Kommandantur zur besonderen Verwendung" in "Trier-Euren"

4th is "4 (kompanie)./Artillerie-Ersatz-Abteilung 206" --- I'm guessing a change of unit or rather renaming of the the original unit is the answer to the stricken out side in the first image... not that unusual.

Thanks for the heads up, They were found at a temporary airport established in the Area, I believe, they did not make it home. Thanks for the help. I was wondering if this was the anti aircraft officer since they were found together.

The first one is indeed Artillerie Regiment 217 --- Seems the stricken out side in the first image would be a case of transferal over to the replacement unit for this Artillerie Regiment... what it seems like to me at least.

That would make sence, I guess it would be faster just cross it out and put it on the other side.

?

The airfield soldiers tag is for:
    Trier-Euren

The others are pretty common reserve units, the 2 sided disk is interesting, strictly against regulations but it was fairly common.

So your saying the trier tag must of bin found in germany?

Which is interesting since i think these tags were found in Russia

?

I have no insight about where the tags were found. I am only telling you that the fellow who had the tag marked "Trier-Euren" was assigned to that airfield when the tag was issued. How the tag traveled is anybodies guess.

I know what your saying, it's just interesting how it ended up in Russia. Thank you for your help solving this matter for me, you guys are good!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast