Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

EKM that came with a helmet.

Article about: Today I bought a Q64 nd helmet at a fleemarket and inside of it was this ekm, I have no idea what all the numbers mean and would like some help! Cheers!

Question EKM that came with a helmet.

Today I bought a Q64 nd helmet at a fleemarket and inside of it was this ekm, I have no idea what all the numbers mean and would like some help!
    Cheers!

EKM that came with a helmet.
    Last edited by Matt L; 09-04-2012 at 03:21 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EKM that came with a helmet.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EKM that came with a helmet.

Great find, I'm no good when it comes to dogtags, but I'm sure you'll get an answer soon enough. Can you post pics of the helmet too? What kind of helmet is it?

This is the thread with the helmet

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...ed-ekm-212247/

?

Please post the image using the forum's image system so it's a permanent part of the thread- it won't be of any future use if the image is one day no longer on the external host
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

I am the external host so it wont vanish, but I'll use the forum's image system in the future.
    So is it real? What is on it? From who was it?

Anyone?
    Last edited by kirederf7; 09-04-2012 at 03:31 PM.

?

No worries, I've done it for you

The disc looks fine- it's a simple signals unit, so not something fakers usually bother with. the marking is: 6. (Luftnachrichten-Ersatz)/ Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 7 - 6th (Air-Signals Replacement [company])/ Air Region Signals Regiment 7 You can probably find the unit's history on the Lexikon der Wehrmacht site (the link is in the sticky at the beginning of the section). The disc appears to be one of the Nirostastahl (stainless steel) types- you can confirm it with a magnet- and one of the less-common forms that has small neck cord holes; the chain its on could be the original way it was worn too since the purpose of using stainless steel was to ensure the disc wouldn't be destroyed by fire, and obviously one of the usual fibre cords wouldn't be any good. These were intended for Panzer and Luftwaffe aircrew who might be subject to fires, but fully half of them I've seen have been regular army, etc. units so it wasn't strictly the case; this is one more example of that since a guy in a homeland signals unit wasn't likely going to need a steel disc. Nice set to find at a flea market!

Thanks for the info, appreciate it! Going to look up the unit's history.

?

Glad to help