Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Encodet SS Dog Tag????

Article about: Have had the Waffen SS encodet dog tags?

Default Encodet SS Dog Tag????

Have had the Waffen SS encodet dog tags?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Encodet SS Dog Tag????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Encodet SS Dog Tag????
    P
    Many

Not seen anything like this one before. My first impression was that perhaps it was a FPN, but this feldpostnummer of 36104 was never used by any SS unit. Bit of a mystery, or a big red flag?

?

I have not seen any tags with the small <<< before it is a math symbol not grammar. Also is there a period next to the lower A on the bottom?

Thank you BlackCat and Eike,
    now i have found out on the Hoidal Erkennungsmarken Book page 224 that the tag is from a Dirlewanger unit.

?

Quote by hardy hard View Post
    Thank you BlackCat and Eike,
    now i have found out on the Hoidal Erkennungsmarken Book page 224 that the tag is from a Dirlewanger unit.
    I also checked his book and I saw the same emarke. The one in Hoïdals book looks like a ground dug example. He explains the reason it is stamped like a 'codierte' emarke, but then says that it is pure speculation. So yes, an interesting emarke for sure.

Regards, Rik

?

It certainly matches the EKM in the book.

Sorry..for me no chance to be good. Fantasy. In 25 years of digging no one found a Dirlewanger like that.

I tend to agree, there are several errors in Höidal sadly and one or two fantasy ekm have been included.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I tend to agree, there are several errors in Höidal sadly and one or two fantasy ekm have been included.
    That's correct. You have brought this to our attention a while back (luckily). The Hoïdal books are great reference material, but for some emarken you just need to see proof other then a photo in a book. The above example will be saved in my 'fake folder'.

Quote by Dschop View Post
    <>He explains the reason it is stamped like a 'codierte' emarke, but then says that it is pure speculation. <> Regards, Rik
    If it's so pure, the author might well have spared it. If it's not based on factual circumstances or the thesis is not demonstrated, it's just a guess ... maybe inspired by the first two digits (36 = 36th WSS division ie Dirlewanger's) of the mistery code?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast