Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erkennungsmarke 7/LAH, real or fake?

Article about: Hello to all. I found on sale this erkennungsmarle 7 / LAH markennummer 273. I would like your opinion if good or not before you buy it. I do not have the back of the photos, but there are u

Default Erkennungsmarke 7/LAH, real or fake?

Hello to all.
    I found on sale this erkennungsmarle 7 / LAH markennummer 273.
    I would like your opinion if good or not before you buy it. I do not have the back of the photos, but there are unwritten.
    I suspect because it is very well preserved, but no certainty.
    From my research I have found that:
    [LIST][*]I have not found a EKM equal on the book: "Die SS Erkennungsmarken der Einheiten" but it could be one of the many variants;[*]I did not find specific examples on WRF forum;[*]on the internet, at a Russian forum, I found photos of two half-EKM very similar.
    Thanks in advance.
    Giovanni

Erkennungsmarke 7/LAH, real or fake?Erkennungsmarke 7/LAH, real or fake?Erkennungsmarke 7/LAH, real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarke 7/LAH, real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Giovanni,

Thumbs down for me, I have not seen a single LAH like that one, they all look like the other two you have posted. Cheers! and Good hunting.

I actually don't see any red flags but I would want to see the other side if it has the 'SS-Verfugungstruppe' stamp or not.

?

Here is my best example of LAH like the one your posting. None of the known originals have a blood type or use the specific font you have there. All of these low roll numbers are almost exactly alike.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarke 7/LAH, real or fake?   Erkennungsmarke 7/LAH, real or fake?  

On second thoughts, the blood type could be a red flag but I would want to know for sure that no SS tags EVER had a blood type.

My 6th E./LAH to compare...

Out of my personal SS tag collection, only one has a place reserved for a bloodtype although the actual type was never entered. This is on the reverse of a 15th Waffen Grenadier Division der SS (1st Latvian) tag.

Hello.
    Thank you all for the replies. This is the rear part of the erkennungsmarke 7 / LAH. I have covered the shop name.
    Giovanni