Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Erkennungsmarke Identification

Article about: Trying to identify this piece, is this mapping department 29? What does St mean on dog tags?

?

This one is definitely fake. It was from a user on ebay that has been named on here before, and all his tags have the exact same font - for future reference to note, stay away from this font. The user is 'collector112011'.

Regarding my guess with 'karte stab' making no sense in german, I was just looking at a WWII german dictionary/abbreviations reference and put the two together. German is definitely not a language I know - just a guess!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarke Identification
    P
    Many

?

More of us struggle with the German language sometimes, myself included.

Ebay is sadly a place full of fakes. But it also pays to look because on occassion you will find original erkennungsmarken there. If not sure, just ask for opinions here.

Regards, Rik

Ok, I just found this seller and read his description. His get out clause being that this Ekm is "close to original". I would suggest that any item so described is a copy, so avoid them all!

?

What an unusual EKM to copy i've never seen one before and i must admit that when i saw this one i did think that it was one that most fakers would not have the German Unit designation knowledge to actually fake . That said my suspicions with this seller are always heightened due to the amount of fakes he does sell i suspect that although he lives in the UK he isn't actually British .

For such an unusual tag to come along is certainly worth the examination it has received here but for the same guy to have another one from a similar unit is too much of a coincidence

Erkennungsmarke Identification
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Not only that Paul, he has used the same set of stamps to make that one as well...

?

When I have the time tomorrow I will make a post in the common fake fonts section, where I will show all emarken stamped with this same stamp set.

?

People, be attentive when buying dog tags. The world is full of copies!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2