Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erkennungsmarked - Good or Bad?

Article about: These are mine. I would like opinions - good or bad. I don't trust anything I own anymore If they are bad, I will trade them back to the guy I got them from. Thanks, guys! I value your exper

?

Default Erkennungsmarked - Good or Bad?

These are mine. I would like opinions - good or bad. I don't trust anything I own anymore If they are bad, I will trade them back to the guy I got them from.

Thanks, guys! I value your expertise!

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarked - Good or Bad?   Erkennungsmarked - Good or Bad?  

Erkennungsmarked - Good or Bad?   Erkennungsmarked - Good or Bad?  

Erkennungsmarked - Good or Bad?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarked - Good or Bad?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Erkennungsmarked - Good or Bad?

SS are fakes
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Yup, the three SS are actually pretty bad fakes- obvious and not the least bit convincing. The font on the first one is a known bad type, the 'Totenkopf Verband' isn't really a unit- unless there's something on the back side? And the SS-Panzergrenadier is nonsensical- no number, 'WF SS' isn't a real way to denote 'Waffen-SS' and the halo around many letters is proof it's an old, corroded disc more recently stamped. The Panzerjäger could be okay- and the Nachrichten is fine. Definitely trade back the crappy SS ones...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Thanks, guys. The Panzerjager (fourth picture) is the back of the "Totenkopf Verband" disc. I forgot to put that in the first post. Does this make any difference?

Mike

?

Most definitely; even if the Panzerjäger side is real, which I'm not sure is the case, the 'TOTENKOPF VERBAND' is definitely bad and ruins the disc. Fakers do sometimes alter original discs to try to increase their value- adding 'SS', 'HG' or somethign more as in this case.

What exactly is the text on the front anyway? It looks like 2. Pz. Jag. Abt - anything more? Is there an Umlaut over the 'a' and is there a number for the unit? I only see a Kompanie and Stammrollennummer...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Thanks, Matt! I will look at the disc this weekend. I'm working out of town and won't be home until Friday.

Mike