Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes

Article about: by LustForRust Hi Fascinating thread, can anyone give me any thoughts on this one ? Sorry just realised I should have posted a new thread perhaps than adding it on here Thanks Hello Bad Fake

It's much the same way a coin-collector evaluates an ancient coin, of which fakes abound as well...Research/Study is the key...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 09-03-2015 at 02:36 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes
    P
    Many

Hi Matt,
    This one came into my hands not to long ago.
    Same unit as the one you show but even a much higher role number, 3101.
    What if the person kept his number from his incorporation unit?
    Or this one was made by the same person who made the one you show.

Regards,
    Steven
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes  

Matt L unfortunately doesn't post here anymore Steven.

In regard to your tag, I would say it is another fake. I have never heard of a soldier carrying over his original stammrollen number into his eventual field unit.

Quote by WW2Hunter View Post
    Hi Matt,
    This one came into my hands not to long ago.
    Same unit as the one you show but even a much higher role number, 3101.
    What if the person kept his number from his incorporation unit?
    Or this one was made by the same person who made the one you show.

Regards,
    Steven
    This is a fake. Yes it was possible for a soldier to still hold his ekm from his first unit, but very often a new tag was given when he changed units.

Another dodgy seller that has come to my attention is Ebay seller Tri-Top:Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes

This is one example of several he is attempting to flog to the unwary. All the other ones appear to be produced in the same way with computer etched text. None are original.

Another fantasy/fake from Ebay UK. Avoid.Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes

More rubbish being peddled by Ebay. The seller is: collector112011

Sadly there are still people who believe that a fake ekm with some added sand on it makes it real. He has several ekm for sale, don't think any of them are legit. Buyer beware...

?

Here is another marke I am very sceptical about. It is being offered on a Dutch sales website and it is being sold as a Sonderkommando Erkennungsmarke. The seller claims it is an original emarke made of brass and worn by jewish inmates in the Sonderkommando Auschwitz. And the best part in the add, the seller does not want to be bothered with al kinds of questions, he just wants people to bid on it.

In my opinion this emarke is a complete fake (probably even a fantasy item). It shows no age or real wear and the stamping is to fresh too. The whole thing just seems wrong.
    I wanted to share this one to alert people interested in such items.

Regards, Rik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes   Erkennungsmarken Made After WW2- Fakes  

Concentration camp inmates did not have the luxury of any kind of identity disc, they were given a tattoo, gassed, shot, poisoned. A fantasy item.

?

Just as I expected it to be. Thank you for confirming my suspicions Blackcat.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast