Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

erkennungsmarken MG replacement

Article about: I picked up this minty fellow a while back.

Default erkennungsmarken MG replacement

I picked up this minty fellow a while back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture erkennungsmarken MG replacement  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement erkennungsmarken MG replacement
    P
    Many

If it was an SS disc it would have garnered more attention. Lol!😉

Correct unit designation but quite different in font from another example (borrowed from the emarken.de website)

If we assume 120 men per company then your disc might have come from the 2nd 'round' of trainees and if we assume 3-4 months per round of training then the disc below being in the 800s might have come from the 7th 'round' some 20 months later. Perhaps the unit stamps changed over this time? Impossible to say but I don't see any immediate red flags with your disc.

?

I like your disk and I think it is a fine original. I am more likely to post a reply when I see a question (is it original or what is the unit) . I love MG disks! I may post some if I get time.

I'm not a huge collector of ID discs, and I only have a handful. However, this one really caught my eye, and I had to have it 😊

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Correct unit designation but quite different in font from another example (borrowed from the emarken.de website)

If we assume 120 men per company then your disc might have come from the 2nd 'round' of trainees and if we assume 3-4 months per round of training then the disc below being in the 800s might have come from the 7th 'round' some 20 months later. Perhaps the unit stamps changed over this time? Impossible to say but I don't see any immediate red flags with your disc.

Interesting how the 2 discs do vary in letter styling. Yours does appear to be a later issue,and could very well explain the difference. The letter punches and yours is not as gapped in the lettering.