Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Erkennungsmarken SS "Der Führer'' and "Germania"

Article about: Hello guys, what do you think about these dog tags? They are relic finds from Czech Republic. Everything look ok? Cheers

Default Erkennungsmarken SS "Der Führer'' and "Germania"

Hello guys, what do you think about these dog tags?
    They are relic finds from Czech Republic. Everything look ok?
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarken SS "Der Führer'' and "Germania"   Erkennungsmarken SS "Der Führer'' and "Germania"  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarken SS "Der Führer'' and "Germania"
    P
    Many

Default Re: Erkennungsmarken SS "Der Führer'' and "Germania"

And the second one that i have been told it was issued for Germania division.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarken SS "Der Führer'' and "Germania"   Erkennungsmarken SS "Der Führer'' and "Germania"  

I am sure the top one has been posted and discussed before as I remember someone commenting on ...(t)ruppe being ... (t)puppe

I cant for the life of me find it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I am sure the top one has been posted and discussed before as I remember someone commenting on ...(t)ruppe being ... (t)puppe

I cant for the life of me find it

Nick
    Hey mate, i remember viewing that thread also with that issue, but i don't remember if it is the same tag.
    I believe it's a mistruck as the "R" appears normal in the lower line.

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Hey mate, i remember viewing that thread also with that issue, but i don't remember if it is the same tag.
    I believe it's a mistruck as the "R" appears normal in the lower line.
    Correct, that was Matts opinion too

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

The Germania one is a typical example and is fine I think; the DF one I recall, but still wonder about- the 'wear' from the cord looks suspicious and a little sharp-edged (like it was made with a file, not a fibre cord). I think I also found recently when looking at DF discs that all the real ones I could find had quotation marks, and although that doesn't suggest anything without them is fake, it does again arouse some suspicion.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    The Germania one is a typical example and is fine I think; the DF one I recall, but still wonder about- the 'wear' from the cord looks suspicious and a little sharp-edged (like it was made with a file, not a fibre cord). I think I also found recently when looking at DF discs that all the real ones I could find had quotation marks, and although that doesn't suggest anything without them is fake, it does again arouse some suspicion.
    Thanks for your input mate. I'll go for them then.

?

Oh I'm not recommending the DF one at all- I said it looks somewhat suspicious. I do see now there are quotation marks around the DF- they're just very faint and not well-resolved in the photo- but that still leaves the 'wear marks' that look awfully sharp. And I've just looked again at the images I have of real ones and none save a Stab one has a Kompanie number- in fact they have very high roll numbers suggesting the DF Regiment may have had one central roll rather than Kompanie-level rolls, much the way the Hohenstaufen did. I wouldn't buy it myself unless you can find more information that shows early on, since the roll number is only 33 it must be super-early, they did have Kompanie markings.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

The cord marks from the "DF" disk are sharp and small like they were made from a file or metal cord, as Matt noted, especially on the left hole as you look from the front. I do not think anything hanging from a cloth cord would wear that way and the metal from that disk is harder than aluminum it just looks suspicious. The SS-Verfugungtruppe looks too new for the wear especially the top left "S" if it was worn like the rest of the tag it should not be in such sharp relief to the edge. It looks aged before it was stamped.

?

I have an almost identical Germania with roll number 16445, but mine is zinc. I would buy the other one if I were you depending on the price.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarken SS "Der Führer'' and "Germania"  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast