Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Fake German Volssturm IDs (?)

Article about: Dear Members, it's me again... For more than 10 hours I searched for German (mainly Volssturm) IDs on the Internet, and mainly on the German Ebay, and (un)fortunately I have found, in my opi

?

Default Fake German Volssturm IDs (?)

Dear Members,

it's me again...
    For more than 10 hours I searched for German (mainly Volssturm) IDs on the Internet, and mainly on the German Ebay, and (un)fortunately I have found, in my opinion fake German IDs. Many of them were published/showned here. There are always the same fonds and numbers, they are from two sellers, and the selled them in the last 2 months. Among them there are the Volkssturm and the "estnische", that I showed here on the forum.
    And there are two IDs from the same Volkssturm unit (12/8/4), and the numbers are 82 and 67, but the fonds and the numbers aren't the same. It is very strange for me.
    In the last 3 photos I matched some fonds and numbers fromt these IDs.
    Please tell Your opinions!

Here are the pictures:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake German Volssturm IDs (?)   Fake German Volssturm IDs (?)  

Fake German Volssturm IDs (?)   Fake German Volssturm IDs (?)  

Fake German Volssturm IDs (?)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake German Volssturm IDs (?)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Fake German Volssturm IDs (?)

Right- good work Gabe; I guess I stand corrected that DV discs wouldn't necessarily be worth faking LOL There are definitely repeated letters and numbers in there suggesting most are indeed bad.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Default Re: Fake German Volssturm IDs (?)

Thank You Matt! I also thought that, they are fake, unfortunately, beacause I wanted to buy/get someGerman ID, because I only have one (I mainly collect war equipments), which was dug out in Hungary.

L. Sch. Batl. (Landesschützen Bataillon) 472. 2. Komp. 446.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake German Volssturm IDs (?)   Fake German Volssturm IDs (?)  

The Estonian EKM is for sure a fake. I have some EKM-s from the same unit in my collection and they look like very different.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    The Estonian EKM is for sure a fake. I have some EKM-s from the same unit in my collection and they look like very different.
    Agreed, sans serif font and the dreaded 'short-legged' R if i'm not mistaken.

Some pieces of the broken Estn. Sich. GR. 186 EKM-s. In broken condition but 100% originals. Actually these EKM-s were broke to pieces by the Estn. Sich. GR. 186 fighters before the joined Waffen SS. Many of them were not too happy about that.

I'm sure they weren't, instead of remaining a national unit they were integrated into fighting for the Germans when they really wanted to fight for their country.