Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Festg. Pak. 15 Erkennungsmarke Original ?

Article about: What can you tell me about this erkennungsmarke, original or not? It seems to be unused. Also, if it’s ok information for the unit please. Thank you for your answers.

Default Festg. Pak. 15 Erkennungsmarke Original ?

What can you tell me about this erkennungsmarke, original or not? It seems to be unused.
    Also, if it’s ok information for the unit please. Thank you for your answers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Festg. Pak. 15 Erkennungsmarke Original ?   Festg. Pak. 15 Erkennungsmarke Original ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Festg. Pak. 15 Erkennungsmarke Original ?
    P
    Many

looks brand new to me.

Not for me, either...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Not for me, either...
    cheers, Glenn
    I agree with Glenn.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Issued 06/13/2014 for World War2....

?

Well it's not unused- it has a blood group letter (the A) on it, which means it's supposed to have been issued. I don't find it's condition so much of a concern as others- there are several reasons it might not look old. For example, a friend of my Grandparents was conscripted and did his basic training, but because he was an electrician, he was discharged almost right away and put in a civilian job keeping power supplies running- his Erkennungsmarke went in the little pocket for them in his Soldbuch and sat there for 60 years until he passed away and it was given to my Dad- it looks completely new. Or a man might be wounded early in his service and be discharged before his disc picked up any of the usual marks from long wear.

The unit type is real- there were lots of Festungs-Pak-Kompanien, but for me the concern is that they're all listed as belonging to a specific Wehrkreis: e.g., Festungs-Pak-Kompanie 1/X. It seems that 15 Wehrkreise that had them, some had 10, on had numbers 1-18, one had 1-15, and a few less than 10. So there would have been 15 numbered '1', and so on, with the Wehrkreis numeral distinguishing them from one another. I haven't gone through the lot, but there are at least two that had a '15', so it doesn't make sense to me that there'd be a disc without the Wehrkreis portion since there'd be no way to know which Kompanie 15 this was.

One other aspect should cause concern: note the reverse- how the surface the disc was stamped on wasn't smooth so the strikes left marks in the aluminum; discs would have been marked with the unit and roll number by one person, at one time, and then later the blood group would have been added once the disc was issued, by someone else, at another location- so I'd expect the marks on the reverse from the stamping to be different, but they look the same, as though all the stamping was done at the same time. That to me is a big red flag since there's already an issue with the text itself.

So I don't like it myself and certainly wouldn't buy it.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Matt, i want to thank you very much for the valuable information.
    I appreciate it. Aghs

?

Sure thing- glad to help
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...