Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A few of my discs...

Article about: As requested by a couple of members, here are a few interesting discs from my own collection. 11./ J.R. 236- 11. Kompanie Infanterie-Regiment 236 (11th company, infantry regiment 236)- a fie

?

Default Re: A few of my discs...

Well thanks Andy, I appreciate the compliment. All the POW camps here in Canada are very far from where I live- the closest one is almost 900km from here and the majority are several thousands of kms away- so no, I've never considered surveying one, unfortunately.

And no Jan, it's quite different; the front 'leg' of the 'R' on Andy's is curved, but yours is straight, the 'J' curl is less-pronounced and the 'G' has a much larger little cross bar in the middle. The numbers too are clearly rather different.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few of my discs...
    P
    Many

Hey Jan, that's a lovely tag, thanks for posting the picture. How did you get it? I dig mine up from prisoner of war camps. Yours is in better condition so well done.

?

Andy, an old man well remembering May 1945 told me about soldiers running on the road.... When being bombeb they turn right to the forrest... He said "They did not stopp at the beginning of forrets but cca 200mts further...." I went there and he was right! Very bad place for metal detecting because of hot rocks, but it was there! Complete tags, halves, medals, badges, two company stamps of GJR138 (I always wanted to find some stamp!), personal items, parts of panzefausts etc etc.... I got back there cca 20 times... Still trying to find where it continues. I call the old man "fairy godfather" from that time :-)))
    In nearby village I met old man... He said "We were three brothers, and our father was WWI vet... All of us brough K98k from the forrest, he tought us to fire it.. When some kicked too much or shoot bad we throw it away and went for another!"
    Such stories are killing me!

Jan, that is amazing! You are so lucky being able to get onto a site like that. I would love to come and give help with my Garrett Ace 250! Best wishes, Andy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2