Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"

Article about: I would like to share a few of my tags with you. Some were a matter of convenience, condition and price. Some are Panzer related as that is where my father served. Ralph.

Default Re: A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"

Nice Matt!
    Thanks, I think I might still have another one that is stamped this way, I will have to check.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"
    P
    Many

Here are a few more of mine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"   A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"  

A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"   A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Very nice! Division-Kommando discs are pretty uncommon, let alone one from a Panzer-Division. The one mark on either side of the disc is really a very nice format to be sure but it's far less-common than all on one side.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Honestly I do not like this Kdo. Pz.Div 4 tag. It isn't stamped with any of the known fonts used by 4 Pz.Div.
    I usually do not use this argument but as I have quite big collection of 4 Pz.Div tags I can say that there is very little chance for this tag to be ok. Sorry.
    Regards
    Al

Quote by mr dogtag View Post
    Honestly I do not like this Kdo. Pz.Div 4 tag. It isn't stamped with any of the known fonts used by 4 Pz.Div.
    I usually do not use this argument but as I have quite big collection of 4 Pz.Div tags I can say that there is very little chance for this tag to be ok. Sorry.
    Regards
    Al
    Thank you Alex, I respect your opinion.
    Would it be possible for you to post a couple photos of some for reference?
    Thanks,
    Ralph.

?

Right the font not matching argument isn't reasonable unless one can point to a bunch of real examples from the exact same unit being different- so you're probably the only person who can properly make that comment Al LOL I'd be curious to see what you have too.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Yes,
    I'm just uploading the pics to photobucket and will share them in a moment.
    I will start with the fact I'm a lucky owner of perhaps some 50 4th Pz Div tags coming from Danzig area wher the division surrendered. I have been searching the area with metaldetector as a youngster and gathered a bunch of nice tags representing most of the divisional units. The number of the tags allows also to show how the 4th Pz.Div tags changed over the time since 1939 until the last days of war.
    I have only a late war version of Kdo 4 Pz.Div tag. Still I have seen several early war tags and these have been different to yours.
    Unfortunately I do not have any picture of these to show as a reference. In general what isn't convincing me about your tag is that ( considering relatively low personal number it should be of an early model ( Very precise, nice machine stamping on aluminium tag) while it is stamped with late war font. On the other hand Kdo ( neither any other divional unit of 4th Pz Div) didn't used this font in the later stage of war. They have used some 3 main types of fonts - I will enclose some self speaking pictures to ilustrate this in one of my next posts.
    Regards
    Alex

Thank you Alex, I look forward to seeing some of your finds.
    Ralph.

Here's my late war Kdo tag issued to some Eastern volunteer:

Here is a bunch of 1939 issued 4th Pz.Div tags of Schutzen Regiment 12

And typical Pz.Rgt.35 tag ( I think they've used similar font during the whole war - I will show some more of these in one of the next pics)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast